Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cant get RTH to work!!!

amir

Join
Dec 30, 2017
I set up rth on phone took off 8m and flew away just to test the rth feature it tried to land 10 m away what am i doing work 2nd time this happened.
15 sats home point was recorded as well im just getting fed up with this

Last edited:
15 sats home point was recorded as well im just getting fed up with this lol

By design, the Spark needs to be further than 20 meters from the home point if you want it to return (instead of land).

Check out the "Return-to-Home (RTH)" section of the Spark manual for more details on the RTH feature.

So i should fly 20m out then hit the rth button on controller then it should return where i took off?

I set up rth on phone took off 8m and flew away just to test the rth feature it tried to land 10 m away what am i doing work 2nd time this happened.
15 sats home point was recorded as well im just getting fed up with this
Not far enough away from homepoint I think

Someone in this forum advised i fly 8m high and hover for a while the bottom camera would visualize the home point ie helipad then fly outwards sorry to sound dumb

So i should fly 20m out then hit the rth button on controller then it should return where i took off?
You should fly more than 20 meters away from the home point.

Someone in this forum advised i fly 8m high and hover for a while the bottom camera would visualize the home point ie helipad then fly outwards sorry to sound dumb
That person was referring to the Precision Landing feature.

So can i perform precision landing on my helipad?
Sure, as long as you record it as your homepoint and you're further than 20m away

Reactions: amir
Here's what you need to do for Precision Landing to work as designed:

Manual.jpg

I thought i did all these as i brought even a helipad for this

Precision Landing and RTH are different features. You cannot use Precision Landing if your Spark does not return home. And, for that to happen, you must fly further than 20 meters from the home point.

Reactions: amir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme