Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Case for travelling

ralf

Join
Nov 20, 2018
I'm thinking of getting one of those aluminium camera cases to carry my Spark gear when I travel but I see the hard plastic type have some kind of valve built in. Is there a reason for that valve? Anyone else using an aluminium camera case. How did you get on with the cubed foam?

This from Pelican's website...The new Pelican Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve is a one-way membrane that releases built-up air pressure while keeping water molecules out, resulting in a watertight case that is even easier to open.

I have a Nanuk 915 case when traveling, but use a laptop bag for local stuff.

Reactions: ralf
Last edited:
Reactions: ralf
This is what I use and love it. I was previously using the DJI set up, which is horrible, the small bag and the spark box. This is a hard shell with perfectly cut out spots for batteries, controller and all gear. Just grab and go. No issues traveling with it in my briefcase either.

Spark Case.jpg

RL SOCO Spark Case

Reactions: Gra8pmkn
SPARK: I use the D DACCKIT Travel Carrying Case. It is compatible with the DJI Spark FlyMore

MAVIC AIR: I employ the Pelican 1510 with custom laser cut inserts.

Attachments

• F945B450-6DA7-4A1A-95F2-62F31697B4DA.jpeg
    F945B450-6DA7-4A1A-95F2-62F31697B4DA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Frank P and Stogies
This is what I use and love it. I was previously using the DJI set up, which is horrible, the small bag and the spark box. This is a hard shell with perfectly cut out spots for batteries, controller and all gear. Just grab and go. No issues traveling with it in my briefcase either.

View attachment 11289

RL SOCO Spark Case
I have this case as well, and think it’s perfect. It carries everything I need, including the charging hub and 4 batteries. It proved itself on my recent vacation, when I slipped on some rocks along the Atlantic shoreline, went down on my elbows and the case took the bulk of my body’s weight between me and the rocks. It’s scuffed up on the front side now, but they’re just reminders to me that it offers the kind of protection I bought it for. The little bird survived completely unscathed.
I’m a believer.

Last edited:
I bought this one because it holds the prop guards and extras.

I use the Polar Pro Minimalist Cases for all my drones. They are compact and fit in my backpack great with my other camera gear. Lenses, DSLR, 360 cam, GoPro etc. I find everything else to be bulky and takes up too much room.

No issues with this setup in airports too. Very simple.

I personally don't like drawing attention to myself when I fly so I like a simple small setup. The large hard sided cases are not for me and bring unwanted attention. Im not looking for that when I travel especially abroad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast