Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Caught Something Interesting...

A mini quad flying at treetop level maybe? Definitely not a bird at that speed. ?

Reactions: Autodrome
My eyes are almost as old as twickers and I watched it over and over and saw nothing. Thank you RotorWash for giving us the time of the occurrence. Looked like a speck of dust on the projector lens flying across the screen. Yes, that's what it was. ;)

Reactions: RotorWash
Looks like the same thing I shot today. It must really get around. Made a clip so you don't have to watch the whole thing looking for it. First second left of center
:

Last edited:
Friend of mine captured something very similar at a higher altitude at another location.

45 seconds in:

I might be tempted to say its a bird, however if you look closely it appears to make a slight right hand turn (viewers left) shortly after entering frame.orb1.png

screen grab from original raw video.

Reactions: RotorWash
My eyes are almost as old as twickers and I watched it over and over and saw nothing. Thank you RotorWash for giving us the time of the occurrence. Looked like a speck of dust on the projector lens flying across the screen. Yes, that's what it was. ;)

That makes sense to me.

if you watch until the very end there is also a slo-mo replay ;-)

Very nice video did you use any NP filters
not sure whose video you're talking about...but mine has no filters. Still pondering picking up a set. Kind of pricey.

Last edited:
Now I'm curious, what the heck that is. It looks and moves very similar in all of the video's in this thread. Wondering if it has been in other videos and I just didn't notice it.

Too similar to be a coincidence...thinking its some sort of DJI glitch. Will definitely watching future captures closely.

As commented on the YT page, I suspect its a bird such as the Kestral or Sparrowhawk. They can almost hover then dive vertically at really high speed onto their prey. That's my theory at least.

I watch the similar video and stand by my theory. One other posibility, and I have seen this in my neck of the woods, is that insects can fly way up there, and I have seen plenty at 400'.

That's some rocket propelled bird. Spontaneously appears in my video just to the left of the upper left shed thing and zips about 100 feet in less than a second. Did a screen grab of the other two vids and same thing...just appears out of nowhere and covers unreal distances at an unobtainable speed with no wings, flapping or other changes in shape or size. I'll stick with Occam's razor .... looks like a video remnant or, an actual UFO ??:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex