Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Caught Something Interesting...

Well folks I caught something else today while flying in my neighborhood. (Not something I normally do but had a battery to discharge so i thought what the heck)

Anyway this objects flew an inch or two away from the drone as far as I can see. Almost as though it wanted to shoot me down. Now for the really strange part, the Spark then began to behave erratically (losing and gaining altitude/tilting etc) for several seconds afterward.

I will upload and post the raw video shortly.

Object is really hard to track/see on youtube, likely some frames were dropped or detail lost.

Original video is a lot clearer. Appears to be the same sort of object as the other videos.

Reactions: floridabeachbum
That's pretty weird. can you upload a still or two of the object as it flies by from the original video? Looks like it might be a bird? Obviously doesn't explain the malfunctions afterward though.

Reactions: Autodrome
It was travelling way too fast to get anything but a white cloud-like blur.

However I was able to spot the moment it appears in frame at roughly 500-600m away would be my best guess. It covered this distance in well under a second.

I've seen birds on my videos they all have a slight parabolic motion and fly in arcs. This was laser straight.

edit: For anyone interested I'll throw it up on my google drive, its a small file. May provide some additional details.

Last edited:
It was travelling way too fast to get anything but a white cloud-like blur.

However I was able to spot the moment it appears in frame at roughly 500-600m away would be my best guess. It covered this distance in well under a second.

I've seen birds on my videos they all have a slight parabolic motion and fly in arcs. This was laser straight.

edit: For anyone interested I'll throw it up on my google drive, its a small file. May provide some additional details.

I looked at the video in my video editor and it looks like another drone or a fixed wing R/C aircraft.

If it was another aircraft, it might explain the gimbal jiggle due to radio interference? ?

I could see it in about 5 frames of the video and it doesn't appear to have flapping wings like a bird.

I couldn't see any other detail other than it's white, flying straight, and maintains a level altitude.

Do you live near Area 51? ?

That's pretty much what i would say about it as well, but to me the speed precludes the possibility of it being any kind of drone or RC vehicle.

I wish the spark had 240fps video capture ;-)

Cotton in the wind maybe???

I found a few other videos online depicting the same sort of object, so it has been captured before although I would say it's not extremely common to see and record.

Anyway it appears UFO season is over. I went out again along with a friend of mine flying a mavic mini in 1080P 60FPS. With 12 flights between us we were not able to get any more footage of whatever this is. Perhaps it has moved on to other territories :)

Happy Hunting!

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav