Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

CE to FCC Mode without App Modification (Android)

Hi, all,

It seems this works for everybody except me :-(... I tried four different fake GPS apps and I manage to trick a variety of apps to think I'm in Oregon... Just not DJI. It keeps showing the map as being at home. And of course it does not want to switch to the FCC mode. I'm doing it on a Samsung 7 edge phone. I did select the mock GPS app in the developers options, I even reinstalled the DJI app. No luck.

Has somebody else had this experience? I have the latest app and firmware and a brand new spark :)...

[EDITED: it looks like the trick was to do this in a closed room where spark had no GPS signal. Now it magically worked - so far so good :)]

Thanks,
Klaus

Last edited:
Hi. Just an update i borrowed an old Galaxy note 3 from a friend and installed the DJI Go 4 mod app not the Lite version. After fake gps installation and restart of my devices i’m back on my Iphone 8 plus and Ipad mini 2 who both now can run in fcc mode. Just have to remember to say no to switch back to ec mode each and every time:) I’m on app 4.2.16 and 0.900 firmware.
Was as far out as 700 meters yesterday on 5.8 channel. seems to be the “safest” frequence and was on channel 149 as i recall.

Last edited:
Hey, I have massive problems after fcc and fake GPS app! Compass and GPS error (atti mode) is that from the fake GPS i have using it? Screenshot_20180704-140458.jpgScreenshot_20180704-140517.jpgScreenshot_20180704-135412.jpg

Hi thanks for the sharing. However does RTH mode still works if we're faking the location?. I don't want my sparky fly to the US lol
U r faking your location only once to force enable fcc. Stop & Uninstall the fake app right after. It is not needed. RTH works fine after this process. Review the steps & explanation at the beginning of the thread & u will be fine.

Last edited:
Yesterday I started the flight with a full battery at 65m altitude then the controller suddenly lost the signal with AC when reached 700m distance. My GO4 screen was totally greyed out and RTH is not functioning. This happend after I used CE mode to FCC for the first time. No matter in what condition, the AC never failed to return home with CE mode before.

I managed to used RTH button on RC then I saw my Spark came towards me but it didn't stop but just passed by my/home location and suddenly disappeared. The RC was not functioning and I can't control the Spark manually. However, the return home history doesn't show on the flight record which I don't know why. Otherwise I can use the Find My Drone feature.

Can somebody tell me what was actually happened? I'm really sad now. Thank you in advance.

GONE SPARKY.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I started the flight with a full battery at 65m altitude then the controller suddenly lost the signal with AC when reached 700m distance. My GO4 screen was totally greyed out and RTH is not functioning. This happend after I used CE mode to FCC for the first time. No matter in what condition, the AC never failed to return home with CE mode before.

I managed to used RTH button on RC then I saw my Spark come towards me but it didn't stop but just passed by my/home location and suddenly disappeared. The RC was not functioning and I can't control the Spark manually. However, the return home history doesn't show on the flight record which I don't know why. Otherwise I can use the Fine My Drone feature.

Can somebody tell me what was actually happened? I'm really sad now. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 5825
RTH setting has nothing to do with FCC or CE mode. If plane didnt come back to you, it means that you didnt set home position properly (or that you moved afterwards).
This is a basic rule, before starting your flight, check your home position on the map. If plane looses GPS during the flight, it will hover in atti mode (only drifting with the wind).
In addition, to keep/recover the signal between RC and plane you must direct RC antenas toward the plane. The more distant you are the more precise you must be.
Anyway, if the plane is close to you it should respond to RC orders even if not looking toward it. So if the plane is doing something you dont want and if you dont know what to do, PRESS the PAUSE button on RC. Plane will stop any action immediatly and hover.
You didnt see the RTH story because when signal is lost there cannot be any telemetry or record on your phone. Does your record show any signal recovery when the plane passed nearby you?

I can see from your pictures that it seems you had a home point BUT the GPS coverage was very poor (only 8). Usually i have a weak GPS signal when i have less then 10 satellites...

RTH setting has nothing to do with FCC or CE mode. If plane didnt come back to you, it means that you didnt set home position properly (or that you moved afterwards).
This is a basic rule, before starting your flight, check your home position on the map. If plane looses GPS during the flight, it will hover in atti mode (only drifting with the wind).
In addition, to keep/recover the signal between RC and plane you must direct RC antenas toward the plane. The more distant you are the more precise you must be.
Anyway, if the plane is close to you it should respond to RC orders even if not looking toward it. So if the plane is doing something you dont want and if you dont know what to do, PRESS the PAUSE button on RC. Plane will stop any action immediatly and hover.
You didnt see the RTH story because when signal is lost there cannot be any telemetry or record on your phone. Does your record show any signal recovery when the plane passed nearby you?

Hi maumau thanks for the reply. Refer to the map, I did set the RTH position at my launch location and I did not travel away from my home location. But the Spark just fly passed by the home location which I don't know why. The flight record shared was the last one that available in my phone.

Hay

Just be shure when you doing switch from CE In FCC whit fake GPS That you have tu block GPS signal from Spark.
If spark has a good GPS signal it wont let you make the switch no meather fake GPS App.
So when you do That be shure tu do it In side House or put some alluminium foil on spark.

Reactions: koffe
Hay

Just be shure when you doing switch from CE In FCC whit fake GPS That you have tu block GPS signal from Spark.
If spark has a good GPS signal it wont let you make the switch no meather fake GPS App.
So when you do That be shure tu do it In side House or put some alluminium foil on spark.
Thank you zoki, that explains why I cannot set to FCC when outside with the modded app, but only at home.

I do try to use the Autopilot app, but very often the green light on the RC changes to red for about 10 seconds. Then I know that it had gone back to CE mode. Very often it is more or less impossible to get back to FCC again. Very frustrating to quit and go home at that occation.

Thanks again for that good explanation! When my flue gets better and I am healthy again to go out I for sure will bring aluminium foil with me!

Just use DJI GO 4 and press cancel when it prompt “switch tu difrent wifi setings.
I sometims use Litchy and when i start the app spark automaticli switch tu CE.
Then you have tu do all ower agen.
If you fly whit any other app the spark will GO tu CE .
Use DJI GO 4 and you have no problem, i fly whit mine almost 2 kilometars:

I intend to use Autopilot instead of Litchi because of waypoints. I always do start with GO4 to check that everything is ok and set the camera. Also checking the 11 channels. Then i kill this app and start Autopilot with RC and AC connected and green light. If it stays green, then still in FCC. But if it changes to red for 8-10 seconds before green again, then it has reverted to CE.

Will try with alu foil to block gps to AC as you suggested. Hope the wifi from RC gets through.

Now I have tried with alu-foil. Unfortunately it did not work as I hoped.

Waited a while longer with alu-foil over the spark after the green light came on RC. It seemed to work, but after removing the foil and more satellites were recognized, the green went out to red and then back, so I came into CE mode.

How to be staying in FCC on an iPhone?

I intend to use Autopilot instead of Litchi because of waypoints. I always do start with GO4 to check that everything is ok and set the camera. Also checking the 11 channels. Then i kill this app and start Autopilot with RC and AC connected and green light. If it stays green, then still in FCC. But if it changes to red for 8-10 seconds before green again, then it has reverted to CE.

Will try with alu foil to block gps to AC as you suggested. Hope the wifi from RC gets through.
All waypoints app's that use dji api automatically switches to ce mode I've asked litchi and they say only dji go app has the ability to stay in fcc mode as when you see that box which you always cancel to stay in fcc on the dji go4 app. Dji won't give them that feature so when you use litchi or autopilot it automatically switches to ce mode. It doesn't bother me when I'm using waypoints on litchi just because it always finish the mission off even if signal is lost so I just put it back into fcc when I use go app. It's a pain but there's nothing we can do. Unless you use this mod app with the waypoints app from Google market.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe