Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Changing Devices to Fly the Spark

Macinfo

Join
Aug 2, 2019
Afternoon (at least here anyway)

I currently am flying with my iPhone, connected by a OTG cable to the remote controller, and pondering eventually switching to a iPad mini with a tablet holder.

However, was wondering now that my drone is activated with DJI Go 4 on my iPhone, does installing the software on an new device, connecting the cable, etc, detect that the Spark is activated and your ready to fly again, or is the another setup process to get it working on a new device.. Perhaps this question was buried somewhere the forums, but didn't immediately spot anything... Thanks for any feedback

Norm

Download the Go4 app to your new device, log into your account, tap the cloud with arrows to scync your flight records and you should be good to go.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Thanks, I'll have to see if I can spot that when trying to get that other device going.. Does it prompt for the login, or do you have to select activate device or something?

Thanks, I'll have to see if I can spot that when trying to get that other device going.. Does it prompt for the login, or do you have to select activate device or something?

I can't remember. ?

Whatever the option, it seemed to be a painless move.

I can't remember. ?

Whatever the option, it seemed to be a painless move.
Thanks, there are a lot of options in the app that's for sure, and if you have not done it for while, its not easy to recall... have a good day.. thanks for the feedback

You don't have to activate again on a new device. Just install Go4 app and login with your DJI account.

You don't have to activate again on a new device. Just install Go4 app and login with your DJI account.
Thanks

When I first activated my Spark, I had some issues, and its not very intuitive in the DJI Go 4 app, I was getting server not found errors or something similar at one point during the process and as i continued to try, eventually it seemed to take off and complete.

So while I sort of assumed that you could add the app to another device, I was looking perhaps for the steps to get it going.. Logging in seems obvious, but unless you enter the app and it immediately prompts you to login, are there a couple steps to get to the login prompt or page??

Perhaps I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but initial activation was a touch frustrating..

thanks again...

Thanks

When I first activated my Spark, I had some issues, and its not very intuitive in the DJI Go 4 app, I was getting server not found errors or something similar at one point during the process and as i continued to try, eventually it seemed to take off and complete.

So while I sort of assumed that you could add the app to another device, I was looking perhaps for the steps to get it going.. Logging in seems obvious, but unless you enter the app and it immediately prompts you to login, are there a couple steps to get to the login prompt or page??

Perhaps I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but initial activation was a touch frustrating..

thanks again...

Based on my experience, there were no steps. I just logged in the new device and as soon as the AC-RC, RC-phone were all connected I could see the "Go Fly" option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar