Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Problem connecting my phone to DJI Spark

Tadija1995

Join
Sep 9, 2019
Hello, guys! I have a problem with DJI Spark controller connecting to my Huawei Mate 20 Pro. I used my spark controller and my spark with my Samsung Galaxy Note8 without facing any problems for a year and a half now.
What happens is that my phone constantly disconnects from controllers wifi, the app recognizes the device and once I click GO FLY it suddenly disconects.
Is this something related to phone compatibility or is there something wrong with my new phone?
I tried finding articles or forum posts about compatibility of these devices but I have found nothing except the DJIs original product page showing older phones than Mate 20 Pro with additional information stating that this list is to be updated as the time passes which they did not do since the newest phone on the list is basically the Iphone X or Note 9 and it seems pretty obvious that people are flying this drone with newer phones than these.

I would really appreciate your help guys!

You could try to pair the controller to your device by following the settings..
YouTube.Com/watch?v=GOi9WiS-PF8
G

It's not the Phone. I am using my Huawei P20 Pro for more than half a year without any issues. But indeed: I'm using an OTG-cable and put the phone in airplane-mode while flying. That goes very well.

Reactions: Brian Snyder
Strongly recommend using the OTG cable if you're flying not too near or BLOS. It is a very cheap cable available in every store.

Reactions: Brian Snyder
I also use the OTG cable with no problem. The wifi can be sketchy with other signal flying around in the air.

OTG cable is the best as other people recommend. Phones with never Android version have a "helpful" feature, when no internet connection is detected while connected to WiFi, the phone will disconnect from WiFi and use cellular data connection instead. On my Samsung S10+ I had to force my phone to stick with WiFi after it was complaining when flying my son's Tello. Either force your phone in settings to stay connected to WiFi or disable cellular data in settings to prevent your phone from wanting to switch. In either case, get OTG cable asap, you won't be disappointed.

OTG cable and use Airplane mode on your device to avoid any interference. I delayed getting an OTG cable for two months and as soon as I got it, I couldn't believe how dumb I was to wait that long.

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme