Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Changing the top cover on my spark...

Join
Dec 29, 2017
Loc
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked but couldn't find anything when I searched.

Will changing the top cover on my spark void my warranty and what is that gel type stuff which is on the screws underneath the spark, is it safe to be removed?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked but couldn't find anything when I searched.

Will changing the top cover on my spark void my warranty and what is that gel type stuff which is on the screws underneath the spark, is it safe to be removed?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Yes, any modification will void the warranty, which is why most people use vinyl skins to cover their top shell.
I have not been able to figure out exactly what the gel is, its appearance looks like clear vibra-tite.

It may be what DJI uses to tell if the screws have been tampered with because someone obviously took the effort to intentionally put it on those screws to fill the heads.

Yes, any modification will void the warranty, which is why most people use vinyl skins to cover their top shell.
I have not been able to figure out exactly what the gel is, its appearance looks like clear vibra-tite.

It may be what DJI uses to tell if the screws have been tampered with because someone obviously took the effort to intentionally put it on those screws to fill the heads.
Hi Clouseau!

Thanks for that, I did wonder if it was a security measure as there seems to be no other tamper proof stickers or anything otherwise they could have just use thread lock.

Thanks for clarifying though! [emoji4]

Hi Clouseau!

Thanks for that, I did wonder if it was a security measure as there seems to be no other tamper proof stickers or anything otherwise they could have just use thread lock.

Thanks for clarifying though! [emoji4]

I chose the silicone skin from RC Geek for mine. Purchased it on Amazon.com. I also invested in a gimbal protector, also from Amazon. Yeah! I wanted the blue Spark initially and now I have it⚡

Attachments

• C927F48E-A730-4A2B-AB29-085B52F2201B.jpeg
    C927F48E-A730-4A2B-AB29-085B52F2201B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: BrianP
You will find glue or threadlock inside the heads on some of the torx screws that hold the top on. You will need to remove this to fit the torx bit in. Pretty sure if this is missing they might call you out if you have to make a warranty claim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis