Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Checklists - Preflight and RTH

Well, after forgetting to stop recirdingand having a corrupt file after the last 2 flights I would suggest adding : Stop Recording: to your checklist prior to power down.
Hope this helps someone as dumb as me
Thanks for the suggestion.

I like checklists too, but it's just a small drone! Check battery secure, check all device battery levels, check Compass/IMU, check GPS and home location properly set, and off you go. If you are a bit paranoid about a flyaway, do a quick hover, up down, left/right, yaw left/right and if all looks good and you have checked everything else, off you go.

Reactions: lifeisfun
I also have a laminated card I use for pre-flight reminder. (Turn the camera on!!!)

Another thing you might want to check out are the flight Log Books at Field Notes. I picked them up when I started flying my P2. It's nice to look back on your flights.... 3 pack for $12.95 US.

I'm a note taking nerd and have used Field Notes books for years. Fit in your pocket, and they last.

View attachment 3756
I must say that the built in flight recorder does a great job of giving me a way to recall each flight. I am new and feel that the Spark is great its me that has to be in sync. I have read not over stretching my knowledge and capabilities and being confident in RTH .

My latest checklist...ever evolving. Trying to keep it to a single double sided page. Note, page three is extraneous, something I'm looking for a way to incorporate without resorting to magnifying glasses.

Attachments

• Drone Checklist 3_4.pdf
    203.7 KB · Views: 10
I like checklists too, but it's just a small drone! Check battery secure, check all device battery levels, check Compass/IMU, check GPS and home location properly set, and off you go. If you are a bit paranoid about a flyaway, do a quick hover, up down, left/right, yaw left/right and if all looks good and you have checked everything else, off you go.
As simple as this. You guys are over-complicating things. How long does it actually take you with these elaborate checklists from firstly packing your drone and making sure you remembered everything, to the point where you actually get it off the ground? I printed one of the summarized versions, read through it, never used it once. There are a few simple steps to remember (as alekaras mentions above), and you're sorted. Keep it basic!

Reactions: Andre Levite
As simple as this. You guys are over-complicating things. How long does it actually take you with these elaborate checklists from firstly packing your drone and making sure you remembered everything, to the point where you actually get it off the ground? I printed one of the summarized versions, read through it, never used it once. There are a few simple steps to remember (as alekaras mentions above), and you're sorted. Keep it basic!
I understand your point of view, but as a total newbie I found I needed something better than my (failing) memory to make sure I didn't forget something. As I've used the Spark more, I've gotten more confident and can breeze through my list fairly quickly now. But even so, I've occasionally missed something and had it not been for my list...

Besides, I think it's a good habit to get into, especially if you want to graduate to bigger drones. My checklist really doesn't take that long to go through.

Then again, I have a background as a private pilot and a career as a metrologist (not to be confused with a meteorologist). I've also been told by others that the German part of me seems to thrive on orderliness and routine. I don't know how they got that impression.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe