Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Chromecast of DJI Go App

Buddy411

Join
Jul 2, 2017
Tested the Android screen mirror function with my Spark, Chromecast "dongle", and TV. Very noticeable latency, but for observers it makes for a fine display.

Note this method only works with Android, iOS needs an "Apple TV" to do this. You also need an OTG cable as the Spark needs to be connected to the same WIFI network as the Chromecast device.

Pretty easy to set-up: Just download the Google Home App, open it and cast the Android screen to the Chromecast device.

Reactions: hendywidodo
Do you get the full display (showing map, heights, settings etc) on the TV or just the video feed?
It's everything exact mirror of whatever is showing on your phone/tablet. I actually have a video so you can see the latency, but it shows my lair's location. Going to try to blur it out, but here's a still image of the TV with the Spark in front:
Sprite_15.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!
Ok thanks for that!
Be nice to be able to hide the HUD in Go4 for this sort of thing.

Full screen mode will do it, but then you lose your data. With the Mavic, it's a little better because of all the data the remote itself shows.

Your other option if you want just the video feed with no data, is to live stream to FB or YouTube and pull it up on a smart TV. I haven't tried this yet (that's next!) --- but I'm guessing the lag is going to be a lot more than Chromecasting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni