Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Comparing frame rates with Litchi and Waypoints

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
So I have been anticipating my opportunity to get a Mavic 2 Zoom, (I still love my Spark and want to keep it) hopefully this year, and have been watching/lusting after the Mavic forum learning all I can, lately they got a firmware update which purportedly smoothed out their Waypoints 2.0 and also Litchi and the other auto-pilot softwares out there.

That got me to thinking about the Spark, and I got the itch (Litch? ha ha) to fly. As I am city-bound currently, I went to my favorite ugly industrial spot where I won't bother anyone, and expanded an old Litchi mission I tried there once before.... then in post production I rendered the same footage at 30FPS (native Spark) and then with Final Cut, made it 60fps with optical flow. I then posted both to YouTube, they are pretty (actually really!) boring as they are in real time, but I was looking for the smoothness factor. There are two points of interest in the mission. I think you can see the difference for sure.. your opion may vary and is most welcome below. I have always found turns with Litchi's waypoints jerky and non-analog. As a contrast, I have also included a Mavic 2 Pro waypoint video after their latest firmware update (Sept 16, 2019). As always, best to watch these in 1080 directly on Youtube, at least in theater mode. Like and subscribe if you wish!

30FPS

60FPS

And the Mavic 2 (drool drool)

Take care all... happy flying.

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast