Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

compass calibration , red aircraft

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
last week i was up state and i did a compass calibration , today i went to the field where i fly and did a compass calibration , when i look at the map the (arrow) red aircraft is facing backwards i must have had the Spark facing up on the vertical 360 rotation . or is it correct ( witch i don't think is right ) .

I have quite a lot of flights in several UK locations and a few in Italy. My spark has never asked me to recalibrate the compass and has never behaved incorrectly. Only compass issues I have had were taking off too close to metal objects or reinforced concrete. Hand launching resolved those. I believe if it needs a compass recal it will ask for it. Equally interested to hear if I am naively trusting too....

yesterday i went to the field where i fly again, did a compass calibration as instructed in the manual. but the red aircraft arrow is still pointing backwards. a few minutes later a guy comes to the field and he has a new mavic air . he dose a compass calibration and i ask if i could see the map and see which way the red aircraft arrow is facing and it's the same direction as mine (pointing backwards ) . is the compass not calibrated correctly or is it some interference at the field where i fly? . when i look at compass calibration's on you tube the second 360 rotation id different from the manual they don’t point the spark nose down they rotate the spark facing straight ahead.dose it matter all the blogs say no .

It actually has to do with the way your phone is positioned in the controller - your phone also has its own compass which affects the orientation of the map. Turn your phone 180 degrees in the remote and it will be fine.

David

It actually has to do with the way your phone is positioned in the controller - your phone also has its own compass which affects the orientation of the map. Turn your phone 180 degrees in the remote and it will be fine.

David
if i Turn my phone 180 degrees it just flips the view but i found out that if i hit the map and then hit the small compass in the small box is all i had to do . the red arrow pointer points in the direction of the spark . what was happening was the red arrow was pointing to north , i don't know why , i checked it with a Mavic Air it shows up the same as mine on the map pointing north .
thank you

Reactions: Icemanwbs
if i Turn my phone 180 degrees it just flips the view but i found out that if i hit the map and then hit the small compass in the small box is all i had to do . the red arrow pointer points in the direction of the spark . what was happening was the red arrow was pointing to north , i don't know why , i checked it with a Mavic Air it shows up the same as mine on the map pointing north .
thank you

Yup, just tried it and that works too. Great tip.

David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef