Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass error. Long storage.

Aksa_1989

Join
Jul 27, 2019
Loc
Turkey
Hi guys. The copter was kept in the closet for 1.5 years. Today I wanted to use my drone. Could not use drone. As soon as the drone takes off, a compass error immediately appears. Nothing helps to remove the error. What should I do?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Aksa_1989.

I have read a few threads in the past concerning this problem.

From what I have read, this item fixed the problem.

CFixer

Try the compass calibration first to see if that corrects the problem before purchasing something.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Last edited:
Hi guys. The copter was kept in the closet for 1.5 years. Today I wanted to use my drone. Could not use drone. As soon as the drone takes off, a compass error immediately appears. Nothing helps to remove the error. What should I do?
maybe I will not shine intelligence. :), but sometimes the best way is to restore the initial settings. This is one option. drugs, as a colleague wrote, it should be re-calibration of all sensors. You can also choose in DJI asistans2 options for uploading software for Spark. start from two versions back. after each data entry, Spark will probably want to make the latest update. if so, after all this, calibrate From scratch. I think this will be the result. Be sure to avoid interference during calibration that may interfere with correct calibration. I have shown a compass error three times. I calibrated it anew away from the buildings. and it works great. let me know what you did. Take care. successful flights.

Reactions: chousehold4
You need a new battery.
I'll bet if you look a your logs in AirData under power then cell graphs you'll see that just about every compass error has a downward voltage spike in one or more cells, at the same time.

Just an observation of mine made after my friends Spark spent the night in the tree. His would only throw errors with that one battery.

Good Luck

Reactions: nilanjan118
You need a new battery.
I'll bet if you look a your logs in AirData under power then cell graphs you'll see that just about every compass error has a downward voltage spike in one or more cells, at the same time.

Just an observation of mine made after my friends Spark spent the night in the tree. His would only throw errors with that one battery.

Good Luck

Good thought.

The Spark had been in storage for 1.5 years, the battery may be compromised.

How often should you plug spark into a computer and look for updates?

When an update comes out, the Go4 app will let you know.

It's been awhile since DJI had any firmware updates for the Spark.

Lately it's been the Fly Safe Database updating from time to time.

I've never hooked the Spark to the computer, I used the home WiFi to update anything.

Mam teraz trochę kłopotów. DJI go4 pokazuje mi, że mogę zaktualizować aplikację, nawet jeśli uczyniłoby to symulator Sparka lepszym. tylko tam, gdzie go zaktualizować, jeśli wiadomość pokazuje tylko informacje o aktualizacji, przyciski „ok” i „nie pokazuj więcej”

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Aksa_1989.

I have read a few threads in the past concerning this problem.

From what I have read, this item fixed the problem.

CFixer

Try the compass calibration first to see if that corrects the problem before purchasing something.

Welcome to the Forum. ?
Thanks for the advice, friend. I calibrated the compass, it did not help. I think to buy this device - cfixer

maybe I will not shine intelligence. :), but sometimes the best way is to restore the initial settings. This is one option. drugs, as a colleague wrote, it should be re-calibration of all sensors. You can also choose in DJI asistans2 options for uploading software for Spark. start from two versions back. after each data entry, Spark will probably want to make the latest update. if so, after all this, calibrate From scratch. I think this will be the result. Be sure to avoid interference during calibration that may interfere with correct calibration. I have shown a compass error three times. I calibrated it anew away from the buildings. and it works great. let me know what you did. Take care. successful flights.
Cool advice. Tomorrow I'll do it and let you know about the result.

You need a new battery.

Good Luck
I changed 3 batteries. The error remained. It did not help = (

My compass was magnetized(so said in the service center). I used a special device - cfixer and the problem disappeared. thank

Glad to hear you are up and flying again.

I thought about purchasing a Cfixer just in case I may need it in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme