Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass help

Icemanwbs

Join
Jul 31, 2018
I can't seam to get my compass set right. Shouldn't the red arrow be pointing in the direction that the drone is pointing ??

Yes. But the Attitude indicator may be tricky to make sense of at times.
Here is a short video explaining the operations of that screen.

If your compass needs calibrated, the Go4 app will let you know.
However, if you want do it, remove all metal objects from you and be away from anything metallic.
It's best to do it in an open field away from power lines, metal, etc. and follow the prompts in the calibration process.

Reactions: Icemanwbs
If your compass is experiencing issues, the DJI app will notify you. In my experience, you’ll rarely experience this (assuming you get a good initial calibration). I just traveled 2500+ miles, the the compass was perfectly fine (didn’t need a new calibration).

With every Samsung my compass is always shown backwards my phone compass is calibrated but my red arrow always flys away from that white triangle when I have my controller pointing straight at the drone. I think it's the way Samsung compasses work because I have to have my phone in portrait mode for the compass to show properly in the go4 app as soon as I put my Samsung in landscape the compass in the go4 app points right.

Same thing. Hour ago tried to recompass but same. Red arrow not pointing in the direction that the drone is pointing

I'm just starting out but I have noticed same thing. I assumed the red arrow POINTS in direction of flight. I set compass according to instructions, and get no warnings from GO4 app. It's very frustrating at this point.

Hi all
I did a comparison of the map to the (radar) attitude thingy and found that there is a vast difference. I kept the rc and little white indictor facing north as confirmed by two compasses.
If I can figure out how to attach the screenshots......

Map vs radar thingyScreenshot_20180914-111757.jpgScreenshot_20180914-111921.jpgScreenshot_20180914-112011.jpgScreenshot_20180914-112041.jpg

All I did was rotate the ac. I did note though that in the ribbon (black strip) the compass indicator is locked. This may have bearing on the situation.

It looks ok.

The white dot on the attitude screen is the direction you are facing, North appears to be to your left and you are facing kind of NorthEast.
The Spark appears to be pointing NW in the first picture and is correct in the attitude screen.

Each of the screens after that appear correct too.

Go to post #2 of this thread and watch the video a few times. I have and it helped my interpretation of the attitude screen in relation to the flight screen.

i had the same problem , look at the compass in the 4th little box , tap it and the red arrow will point to the way the spark is facing .
i also learned as the manual states on page 49 , only calibrate the compass when the DJI GO 4 app prompts you to do so .
if you don't tap the box the little compass in box 4 shows north on the compass .

my post go here to read compass calibration , red aircraft

Last edited:
Exceeding joy and overwhelming extacy! I have it!
Thanks for your input. Screenshot_20180915-175134.jpg

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers