Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass issues

Alita_Spain

Join
Feb 2, 2020
Loc
Spain
Hello my dears. I have a problem with the compass. Atti mode is constantly on. A compass error appears if the wind blows a little. This makes me very sad. I read a lot on the forum on this topic and I got confused. How can I easily and free to solve this problem?

Have you tried compass calibration? Make sure you are not near metal, like a car or metal shed, etc.

Last edited:
When choosing a location to perform a compass calibration, be sure to select a place that is not close to ferrous (iron based) metals. Most concrete is poured over rebar or wire mesh, therefore is not a good candidate. Also, stay clear of any electrical wiring close-by.

It could be that your compass has become magnetized. This can occur for any number of reasons, but can often be corrected without repairs or replacement of parts. There was a good discussion a few months ago talking about the various ways to degauss (demagnetize) the Spark. Here's a link: Compass degaussing
Start reading at post #19.

Reactions: Alita_Spain
When choosing a location to perform a compass calibration, be sure to select a place that is not close to ferrous (iron based) metals. Most concrete is poured over rebar or wire mesh, therefore is not a good candidate. Also, stay clear of any electrical wiring close-by.

It could be that your compass has become magnetized. This can occur for any number of reasons, but can often be corrected without repairs or replacement of parts. There was a good discussion a few months ago talking about the various ways to degauss (demagnetize) the Spark. Here's a link: Compass degaussing
Start reading at post #19.
Thanks. I solved my problem. My compass was magnetized. I demagnetized the compass at a local service. They brought the black device to the drone - the device squeaked 3 times. I calibrated the compass in the field and the problem disappeared.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme