Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass Problems

Ron_Dog

Join
Mar 23, 2018
Loc
Illinois
I've been having problems with the compass on the app with my Spark? I use a iPad 4 Mini and a OTG cable. The compass is almost always 90 degrees off. I've changed locations,recaliburated the compass,and IMU but still no results! Last time out flying a friend said, why don't you try to fly it with WiFi instead of using the OTG? I shut everything down, removed the OTG cable, started the rc,drone,and app back up and and Bingo! The compass was spot on? I have been using the OTG cable almost 90% of the time, without any problems, but now it seems as if V 4.2.12 dosen't want to work even on iOS with a OTG cable? I've always liked flying "hard wired" between the app and controller. I think flying with the WiFi off, gives you a little buffer, between all the WiFi clutter, that is growing by the day. The bad part about it is, one time it will work perfectly with the OTG and the next time it goes brain dead? You never know what to expect?

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind right now is that a lot of people are seeing that the latest version available for download is still V 4.2.8, even though they have V 4.2.12 installed, which means it looks like DJI rolled back a version. I would try uninstalling the app and downloading it again to get back to V 4.2.8.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I stole this from another thread, but when I power on in this order, I never have issues:

1. Power on Remote Control
2. Power on Spark
3. Let them Connect.
4. Put iPhone into Airplane Mode
5. Start the DJI app (Device Disconnected Screen)
6. Plug OTG cable into iPhone first
7. Plug Cable into Remote Control
8. Say OK to Device Warning

I stole this from another thread, but when I power on in this order, I never have issues:

1. Power on Remote Control
2. Power on Spark
3. Let them Connect.
4. Put iPhone into Airplane Mode
5. Start the DJI app (Device Disconnected Screen)
6. Plug OTG cable into iPhone first
7. Plug Cable into Remote Control
8. Say OK to Device Warning
Thanks,I will give that a try!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio