Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

costa rica

yycwrangler

Join
Feb 15, 2018
Anyone taken their spark to Costa Rica. Any concerns going through customs at CR. I plane on putting the batteries in the flame proof cases and barring my spark in my backpack

Cheers
Al

I'm costarrican and I bought my Spark in USA. I brought it in my back pack and nobody cared about it. Maybe luck.
But it's better to contact the local authorities before if you want to be sure. This is what I did now that I'm going to Guatemala during holidays.

Reactions: Spark 317
I traveled from Fort Lauderdale to Costa Rica just 2 months ago. They had no interest in my Spark.

I would strongly advise against those metallic appearing lipo battery bags! They are covered in ominous warning labels and attract unwanted attention. I took batteries out of aircraft and put electrical tape over the contacts. Then placed in separate zip lock bags in carry on backpack. Put Spark and batteries in separate bags.

No questions and no problems. Plenty of people flying drones at beach and in mountains of CR. Very laid back country and tourist friendly police

Have fun and post pics

Just arrived back from Costa Rica last week. Flew from Toronto to Liberia with Westjet. Had absolutely no problems with my Spark at Customs. I was a little nervous as this was my first time out of the country with a drone but my fears were completely unfounded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef