Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Court ruling may force DJI to pull numerous drones off shelves in U.S.

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada

Last edited:
Thanks for the news articles.

Interesting that the Spark was included in the folding arm lawsuit's as the Spark doesn't have that.

It does have folding props though.

Lawyers, "Good enough... Get 'em." ?

Thanks for the news articles.

Interesting that the Spark was included in the folding arm lawsuit's as the Spark doesn't have that.

It does have folding props though.

Lawyers, "Good enough... Get 'em." ?

I think the first article focused on the wrong idea. If you look at the diagram, or click on the patent link that's right in the article, it's NOT about folding arms, it's about how the props attach to the drone.

Lots of brown enveloles full of cash on the quiet to be handed about, the biggest envelopes will win.
Law, hmm, depends on who is on the payroll...

Reactions: basily
I think the first article focused on the wrong idea. If you look at the diagram, or click on the patent link that's right in the article, it's NOT about folding arms, it's about how the props attach to the drone.
That's correct basily, it's the locking method of the props to the motors. Which most likely explains why the MM and the MA2 have a different setup.

I wonder how long it will take the tinfoil hat crowd to start speculating on door-to-door searches to confiscate the mentioned drones.

I believe you're right that it's likely DJI and Autel will come to a financial arrangement that will let those products continue to be sold with their quick change rotors albeit "under license". DJI may have seen this coming when they ceased production of the Spark and rolled out the Mavic Air 2. Good find, RotorWash!

Don’t know what “dang” in Chinese is but our friends at dji will have used it a few times recently. Good spot RotorWash. Sorry to see the Snow Birds accident the other day. Tragic.

Reactions: RotorWash
Two Chinese company's fighting it out. It's not over till it's over

I only found that out recently, huge thread on this over on MavicPilots.

CCP won't allow it to fester, or to come to too bad a legal action in US courts.
DJI holds a lot of patents too (they sued Autel at one stage too for something or other, payback ?) and most likely their will be a 'behind closed doors' deal done cross licencing some of each others tech to avoid excessive cost on both sides.

Autel, a bit of a joke really, can they actually get a drone to market ?
DJI are kings in this regard, the ability to mass produce, the ability to distribute effectively, and reasonable back up / service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe