Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Craggy Pinnacle At Sunrise - Western North Carolina - Blue Ridge Parkway

Thanks for this. We have a second home between Highlands and Cashiers that we can't go to until further notice, so this is a good reminder of what'll be there when we can.

Reactions: Baqca Sanke
Great views up there. I thought it was illegal to fly on park land though. I don't guess that the park rangers really much care at this time anyway. But a great video of your adventure nonetheless.

Great views up there. I thought it was illegal to fly on park land though. I don't guess that the park rangers really much care at this time anyway. But a great video of your adventure nonetheless.

Thanks! I actually didn't even think it would be illegal. Now that i looked it up you're sure right. It's all so confusing though. National parks are a no fly zone but national forests are different i think. Idk. Hopefully no one will come after me. There wasn't a single person anywhere on the trail so i was as safe as could be.

Thanks for this. We have a second home between Highlands and Cashiers that we can't go to until further notice, so this is a good reminder of what'll be there when we can.

I'm going to try to post as many videos as i can during the spring season change with all the beautiful flowers.. It's really hard right now most everything being closed and everyone is so stressed.

Thanks! I actually didn't even think it would be illegal. Now that i looked it up you're sure right. It's all so confusing though. National parks are a no fly zone but national forests are different i think. Idk. Hopefully no one will come after me. There wasn't a single person anywhere on the trail so i was as safe as could be.

I don't think you have anything to worry about since the place was mostly deserted. I live in Wilkes County and I am pretty close to the Parkway. I have wanted to take a flight up there so I did some digging and found out that if you launch your drone outside of national park land, you can legally fly over it but you can't land on it. You aren't the first person to make a video up there and I have never heard of anyone being prosecuted. If you are worried about it, you can always delete your YouTube video or make it private. Take care.

Nah i'm not worried, i just don't like to put the community at risk. I won't fly the parkway if that's the case.

Reactions: graywoulf
Went out to Craggy Pinnacle on the Blue Ridge Parkway, it's one of the few places that you can hike round me during Covid19. Got there for sunrise, i'm glad i did i had a wonderful time. I was the only one there which is very rare!

What a beautiful place to fly. I would have a hard time staying away from there.

Reactions: Baqca Sanke
I know right! Luckily just about any direction for 2 hours has amazing views. I'm lucky enough to live near 5 national forests. It's totally legal to fly in national forests given you still obey FAA rules. ? for national forests, national parks can go suck it:cool:...

My wife and I drove the BRP a few years ago and we were so impressed. We have wonderful memories of our journey and are so glad we did it. No Spark in those days but I have plenty of stills to remind of the joy of the trip. We're in the UK and in the grip of the virus. Stay safe you all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef