Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crash. Gimbal has video but no movement.

timbrowning

Join
May 22, 2019
Hi all :)
Despite being told over and over to be careful, my son crashed my Spark into a tree at full sport-mode speed last week. On first look, it just needed a new rotor blade, the motors are all fine and it takes off, flies and lands perfectly. BUT, whilst it is still fixed to the mounting point, the gimbal doesn't self-adjust, it looks like a dog in trouble for something, head hung, pointed down to the right. If I carefully push it, it moves without any clicks or whines but always droops back down when I let it go. I do however get a perfect video feed and nothing seems to be physically broken. Any ideas as to a fix? Anything would be very much appreciated. Thanks ... Tim, Southampton, UK

From what I've read you may be able to calibrate the camera gimbal via Assistant 2 if the adjustments in the Go 4 app are insufficient, which it sounds like they are. If Assistant 2 does not give you the desired results, I ran across a post from 2018 in this forum with a video showing how one user was able to fix his:

How to calibrate Spark gimbal

Since it was posted in Feb. of 2018, I don't know about current availability of the software depicted. Good luck, keep us posted.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme