Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crashed my spark intentionally out of anger

Ryan1685

Join
Jul 23, 2017
Well tonight I was flying my spark and I was getting really frustrated with the fact that the controls were opposite of my mavic from the factory. Instead of the left stick going up and down and the right stick going forward and backwards it was inverse to this. So mid-flight I was trying to figure out how to change the controls back to what I was use to. Sadly, I kept on thinking I was going forward but the whole time I was going up in altitude and out of nowhere came the police helicopter for my city. What are the freaking odds that I have this issue in a city of 1.2 million people that only has one police helicopter. I swear to God I was right exactly in its path and probably about 200 feet in altitude by total mistake anyways then I got my s*** together and got back down to ground level. But out of frustration because it was so slow at getting down, after it was about four or five feet off the ground out of anger I put it into sport mode and I flew it into a tree at 50 kilometers an hour. I was just trying to get out of there. So I got in my car and took off. When I got home, the damage was pretty bad. My question is why the heck would they do this?

Also everytime I fly the spark the app crashes. It lags - even with the otg cable and in sport mode it takes wild dives to the left and right when your trying to go straight.

During activation/initial set-up you choose the control mode yourself - Mode 2 is default..?

You do know that you can go into the DJI Go app and change you RC settings?

If you had the App running, why didn't you land immediately when you noticed the sticks were not in the standard configuration rather than let it get so high and far? You could have used the RTH function to bring it back rather than try to control it as was, and chosen the more common stick configuration in the Go App...

I noticed the same thing when I first took off with the remote. It hovered about 4 feet and when I noticed the sticks were not in the more common configuration, I landed it immediately and made the adjustments in the DJI Go app... Problem solved...

Well tonight I was flying my spark and I was getting really frustrated with the fact that the controls were opposite of my mavic from the factory. Instead of the left stick going up and down and the right stick going forward and backwards it was inverse to this. So mid-flight I was trying to figure out how to change the controls back to what I was use to. Sadly, I kept on thinking I was going forward but the whole time I was going up in altitude and out of nowhere came the police helicopter for my city. What are the freaking odds that I have this issue in a city of 1.2 million people that only has one police helicopter. I swear to God I was right exactly in its path and probably about 200 feet in altitude by total mistake anyways then I got my s*** together and got back down to ground level. But out of frustration because it was so slow at getting down, after it was about four or five feet off the ground out of anger I put it into sport mode and I flew it into a tree at 50 kilometers an hour. I was just trying to get out of there. So I got in my car and took off. When I got home, the damage was pretty bad. My question is why the heck would they do this?

Question is: Why did YOU do this?
YOU were not in control of your air craft.
YOU kept going after you realized there are technical issues.
YOU lost your cool by intentially crashing the drone.

Sorry, but you acted like a little child and you should know better. Maybe you should rethink your actions while you wait for your expensive repair.

Reactions: Sparkbart
..."out of anger I put it into sport mode and I flew it into a tree at 50 kilometers an hour."

That is some of the stupidest **** I've read. $500 OR $700 dollars Well spent[emoji385][emoji765][emoji385][emoji765][emoji385]

A troll thread if I ever read one. I doubt it's true...........

Last edited:
facepalm.gif

A troll thread if I ever read one. I doubt it's true...........
Not a troll thread. A **** my luck thread. When I start to panic my mind goes blank. I fogot about the return to home feature , all I was trying to do is get down and away from air traffic. I wasnt trying to go above 50 feet.

Attachments

• 20170723_102828.jpg
    20170723_102828.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • 20170723_102828.jpg
    20170723_102828.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
..."out of anger I put it into sport mode and I flew it into a tree at 50 kilometers an hour."

That is some of the stupidest **** I've read. $500 OR $700 dollars Well spent[emoji385][emoji765][emoji385][emoji765][emoji385]

I was more worried about the possiable $5000 fine than the drone. I just couldnt beileve that in such a safe remote location the police helicopter needed to do a low and slow dly by at that very second

If you had the App running, why didn't you land immediately when you noticed the sticks were not in the standard configuration rather than let it get so high and far? You could have used the RTH function to bring it back rather than try to control it as was, and chosen the more common stick configuration in the Go App...

I noticed the same thing when I first took off with the remote. It hovered about 4 feet and when I noticed the sticks were not in the more common configuration, I landed it immediately and made the adjustments in the DJI Go app... Problem solved...

I am am an idiot what can I say. I was trying to do it hovering . Just a little bit higher . After hit the tree, hopefully the spark learned its lesson. Bad pos toy drone.

I am am an idiot what can I say. I was trying to do it hovering . Just a little bit higher . After hit the tree, hopefully the spark learned its lesson. Bad pos toy drone.

And another reason why I didnt do the test - I usally do the stick test - Iy
Question is: Why did YOU do this?
YOU were not in control of your air craft.
YOU kept going after you realized there are technical issues.
YOU lost your cool by intentially crashing the drone.

Sorry, but you acted like a little child and you should know better. Maybe you should rethink your actions while you wait for your expensive repair.

This summer I have been getting some crazy shots on my drone by just being at the right place at the right time. I got to witness the birth of a funnel cloud on my DJI goggles with my mavic in 1080P. It just came out of no where. I got to see a pod of sharks and killer whales fighting each other off the coast of Oregon. And last night - believe it or not, I step out of my car around mid night for my madden voyage with my spark and out of nowhere goes one of those orb UFOs that have been spotted all over the world in the last few weeks. I was in so much of a panic to get this on drone footage, but seeing I was unable to control it in inverse, by the time I figure it out it was gone. This isn't a fabrication, I've waited my whole life to see something like that and instead of just filming it with my phone, I tried to get cute and get it on my drone and I ended up with nothing. So that kind of added to the child like frustration. Screw the $50 refresh cost, I should have just sat there and watched instead of screwing around with a backwards *** drone.

P.S and no the orb was not the police helicopter. It was a solid white light, with no navigational or IFR lighting systems present. It was too low to be a satellite.

Last edited:
Don't worry, we all made mistakes under stress. The point is to learn from them. You could have hidden or share it so we learn a little out of it. Thanks for that.
Also it shows that the Spark is not really a beginner drone, whatever is saying the dji marketing. It is better to start from a much simpler and at same time much cheaper drone.

And another reason why I didnt do the test - I usally do the stick test - Iym
Don't worry, we all made mistakes under stress. The point is to learn from them. You could have hidden or share it so we learn a little out of it. Thanks for that.
Also it shows that the Spark is not really a beginner drone, whatever is saying the dji marketing. It is better to start from a much simpler and at same time much cheaper drone.

I have been flying drones for 4 years and have owned every iteration of Phantom. Just because I can't fly a drone in inverse after 1 minute of flying , doesn't mean I am a rookie. I was able to land it, I didn't crash it by accident. I think being able to hit the stump of a 2 inch wide tree head on at 50 KPH on the first attempt is pretty good flying on my part. I hit it dead center, at that point I wanted the thing to exploded or break into a million pieces I was so angry with it.

If you can't get it repaired and want to sell it as-is please send me a private message.

If you can't get it repaired and want to sell it as-is please send me a private message.

It flys fine. Flew it for a few hours today. Its good as a toy but it is no mavic. Just need to find two replacement covers for the navigation lights.

Seems like whatever money you spent on the Spark should have been put toward anger management classes instead. It scares me to think that you probably have a driver's license too.

Reactions: barukatang

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex