Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cross Mountain Hackberry Loop with DJI Spark - July 21, 2018

Looks like you have some great connections going there. If I get more then 1000" away I start losing it.
Hoping the new OTG update may help that..

Looks like you have some great connections going there. If I get more then 1000" away I start losing it.
Hoping the new OTG update may help that..

This is ran with Litchi Beta 2.5 Katt
They enabled Waypoints and Orbit.
The flight plan is loaded to the spark.
If it loses RC contact, it continues the mission.
I lost contact just over that Cross Mountain and regained about 1:15 of the video.

Last edited:
I lost contact just ober that Cross Mountain and regained about 1:15 of the video.
I am going to have to look into the Litchi, sounds promising.

Thanks PM

Reactions: pmshop
Nice video. I am particularly impressed with the smoothness of the yaw. Did the waypoints improve the yaw of the spark, or did you use a warp stabilizer?

Nice video. I am particularly impressed with the smoothness of the yaw. Did the waypoints improve the yaw of the spark, or did you use a warp stabilizer?

Thanks!
The original was fairly smooth but I ran it through Mercalli 3.0 anyway.
Wide curves on the turns is the key.

I agree. Just a slight touch to the stick...good look

Actually, This was an automated mission.
**Litchi Beta 2.5 added waypoints and orbit to the Spark.

Litchi provides curved waypoints (not to be confused with spline waypoints).
These curves can be adjusted to how tight or relaxed curves you want.
Example: the curve at 0:17 - 0:23 was a combination of 2 waypoints 500ft (152m) each...end of one and start of another maybe 50ft (15.25m) between the two.

Last edited:
I lost contact just over that Cross Mountain and regained about 1:15 of the video.

I would love to know/understand how that mission continues after the RC contact is broken.... so one would imagine you are only limited by your battery in terms of time/distance when autonomous. Is there any algorithm in Litchi that can gauge in advance your available distance via waypoint against your battery potential? Or is that human calculation in advance? Guess I better go watch some YT too!

I would love to know/understand how that mission continues after the RC contact is broken.... so one would imagine you are only limited by your battery in terms of time/distance when autonomous. Is there any algorithm in Litchi that can gauge in advance your available distance via waypoint against your battery potential? Or is that human calculation in advance? Guess I better go watch some YT too!

It apparently loads the commands and calculations to some "available memory" for playback when you press start.
That is correct - limited by battery power only.
When you lay out the plans on the app or the web based interface, it gives you a running total of mission time compared to the speed of the mission selected.
Just remember when planning, you must plan the return for a proper total time.
IE can't plan a one way mission for 10 minutes and expect a RTH :D

Actually, This was an automated mission.
**Litchi Beta 2.5 added waypoints and orbit to the Spark.

Litchi provides curved waypoints (not to be confused with spline waypoints).
These curves can be adjusted to how tight or relaxed curves you want.
Example: the curve at 0:17 - 0:23 was a combination of 2 waypoints 500ft (152m) each...end of one and start of another maybe 50ft (15.25m) between the two.
I have not had as good an experience with Litchi. In the past, I used it to provide FPV with goggles on the Phantom 3 standard. I found it to be inconsistent in performance, so I abandoned it. I later learned that we need to force stop (android) the DJI Go app to prevent conflict of control. Maybe I'll revisit using Litchi

I have not had as good an experience with Litchi. In the past, I used it to provide FPV with goggles on the Phantom 3 standard. I found it to be inconsistent in performance, so I abandoned it. I later learned that we need to force stop (android) the DJI Go app to prevent conflict of control. Maybe I'll revisit using Litchi

Defiantly worth a shot.
Especially since you purchased it already.
Remember, you are looking for 2.5 beta in the Google play store

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis