Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cruise ship drone flying allowed?

They will never let you use them in port and if you do you run the risk of very severe penalties.
Ports are customs and border zones and quite rightly subject to much tighter security controls.
Sorry, I meant while not on the boat, not in the actual port.

My wife and I cruised to Nassau, Bahamas this past June. There were several 'No Drones' signs around the port. Then at Freeport, there were no signs and we saw a couple drones in the air.

Also consider the wisdom of using the Spark on a moving ship, even if it's just in your cabin.

Let's say I have the Spark in my tiny cabin and want to play with it. Let's also say the ship is cruising along at 35 mph. I launch the Spark so now the floor under the Spark are moving at 35 mph and that means a wall is also moving toward the Spark at the same speed. Even if you could get GPS it would be useless.

Also consider the wisdom of using the Spark on a moving ship, even if it's just in your cabin.

Let's say I have the Spark in my tiny cabin and want to play with it. Let's also say the ship is cruising along at 35 mph. I launch the Spark so now the floor under the Spark are moving at 35 mph and that means a wall is also moving toward the Spark at the same speed. Even if you could get GPS it would be useless.
Plus, since the ship is made of mostly steel, I would imagine you'd see lots of magnetic interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe