Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Day / Night Transition Hyperlapse / Timelapse with DJI SPARK - (TEST) - Created with Litchi, After Effects & Premiere Pro

goooins

Join
Sep 26, 2018

Day / Night Transition Hyperlapse / Timelapse with DJI SPARK - (TEST) - Created with Litchi, After Effects & Premiere Pro

How to: I used Litchi for the waypoints. I set two of them. Point A started at 400 hundred feet and on the way to Point B it drops in elevations to 200 hundred feet. While it is doing this is makes a slight turn to the north all while shooting a photo every two seconds. Movement is 2mph. This is comprised of 408 images. 204 day and 204 night. They were edited/graded in Lightroom then stitched together in After Effects with Warp Stabilization then I edited the scenes together with Premiere Pro.

Mission Link: Mission Hub - Litchi

i95-pga-hyp1.jpg

i95-pga-hyp2.jpg

Last edited:

How to: I used Litchi for the waypoints. I set two of them. Point A started at 400 hundred feet and on the way to Point B it drops in elevations to 200 hundred feet. While it is doing this is makes a slight turn to the north all while shooting a photo every two seconds. Movement is 2mph. This is comprised of 408 images. 204 day and 204 night. They were edited/graded in Lightroom then stitched together in After Effects with Warp Stabilization then I edited the scenes together with Premiere Pro.

Mission Link: Mission Hub - Litchi

View attachment 7009

View attachment 7010
Is that over 200 day's in the day and 200 at night?

Is that over 200 day's in the day and 200 at night?

Yup - around 7PM I ran the day time mission and in 8 minutes at 2mph the camera took 200 photos. Then I repeated this same sequence after dark a few hours later on the same day.

Unfortunately your video is not a hyperlapse. The video I shared was a hyperlapse with spark employing the functionality of waypoints via Litchi comprised of 400+ still photos taken over a 16 minute span of time. A hyperlapse is a timelapse with movement of the location of the camera.

LOL COME ON MAN!
ok, a time-lapse is exactly that, a lapse of time. when you roll video and speed it up and let's say the video is 10 minutes long you're only going to see what happens in 10 minutes. But if you take a time-lapse over an 8-hour period of time and then compile the photos you get a moving picture that is comprised of photos over a long period of time that get played back in a much shorter period of time. thus cloud movement....yes, this was 16 minutes of flight time. As stated above in how this was accomplished was it was two 8 minute flights. search hyperlapse and time-lapses on YouTube, you will probably be amazed at what you see. I hope that watching videos of this nature will fuel your creative side.

Last edited:
I wasn't insulting you bud. I was wishing you well with learning and spark more creativity. Time lapses are pretty creative!! (depending.... )

So, please chill out.

This is the last thing I will say to you. The video is 2...(TWO).... flights....8 minutes each.... making 16 minutes of TIME LAPSE. 8+8=16... Please read the first of this thread. It tells you everything. I wish you well.

Ha! No, some dude was being a real prick and telling me that video that is sped up with the drone flying around is a hyperlapse. He could not comprehend a true time-lapse and stacked photos. He also couldn't grasp editing two shots together...kept saying that it was impossible to fly a 16 minute mission with a spark....lol, two 8 minute shots. He deleted all of his own posts.

Ha! No, some dude was being a real prick and telling me that video that is sped up with the drone flying around is a hyperlapse. He could not comprehend a true time-lapse and stacked photos. He also couldn't grasp editing two shots together...kept saying that it was impossible to fly a 16 minute mission with a spark....lol, two 8 minute shots. He deleted all of his own posts.
Ah, that makes sense. The video is clearly a hyperlapse, looks great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast