Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark+Autopilot+Waypoint Mission created in Google Earth Pro - WOW!

So this a patch (hack) to the Android version of DJI Go to allow way points ? - no proof in the video it can do this without the controller... (even if the on screen prompts say that it will) - unless I missed something - (looks like the app was fooled into thinking it was a Mavic (?))
Yes - decompiled and recompiled apk. (Errr..... allegedly :cool:)

Reactions: julian46
Wow - just got a used Samsung S6 for free (I'm IOS based) - wonder where one can get that .apk ..... hmmmmm

great
I saw this mentioned in a couple if the autopilot videos, hanks for the how to, I just created a mission in google earth and it loaded into autopilot great.

thanks

But Hangar/Autopilot doesn't use the Spark SDK, it uses it's own proprietary controller software which, I believe, does allow for LCMC, (Lost Connection Mission Continue.)

when RTH is initiated on the spark autopilot hands control back to the DGI flight controller for the RTH so autopilot cannot control the spark during RTH

great
I saw this mentioned in a couple if the autopilot videos, hanks for the how to, I just created a mission in google earth and it loaded into autopilot great.

You're welcome.

Remember to check the altitude of your waypoints created on Google Earth, as altitude data does not come over during the import.

Autopilot will set the waypoint altitude from the default altitude on that mission, and each waypoint's altitude can be modified as you see fit.

I have been using 'joystick mode' for the missions that are really hairy, like going between tall trees etc.

It lets you run the mission as slow as you like and observe for yourself that the drone isn't going to crash into anything, (this is important because the drone isn't always front-facing into the direction of flight depending on your subject focus, so your collision avoidance is impaired.)

Then, once you have ascertained that the path is safe, you can fly the mission at speed with greater confidence.

Have fun!

Mick92780,
Thx for sharing this info/experience!
I'll try it out when I got the chance.
Also a good explanation of how to do this all.
Keep up and enjoy flying.
Just a question: I cant find autopilot on android?
Grtz

Last edited:
mick92780 said:
*CAVEAT: Even though I created the waypoints 01 through 05 on the PC in Google Earth Pro, Autopilot flew the mission backward, starting with Waypoint 05 and finishing up with Waypoint 01. A non-trivial behavior surprise, to be sure, but I will see how this can be addressed in future missions. For me, the fact that it flies the mission at all is the real story here.

Thanks for your helpful post Mick!
You can easily reverse waypoints order, tap on the Waypoint Reference icon once (orange teardrop icon with three other teardrops in the middle of it). Then tap on the bubble "Tap for options.” A pop-up will appear: select "Reverse Waypoints.” Et voilà!

Thanks for your helpful post Mick!
You can easily reverse waypoints order, tap on the Waypoint Reference icon once (orange teardrop icon with three other teardrops in the middle of it). Then tap on the bubble "Tap for options.” A pop-up will appear: select "Reverse Waypoints.” Et voilà!

Fantastic, scoobi, thanks.

I just created a waypoint mission on the Litchee Web Hub and exported that as an 3D KMZ file and opened it up in Google Earth.

Looks like there are the correct altitudes.

I don't have an iOS device for testing it with Autopilot, maybe someone of you can test this way?

Sure. I have an iPhone 8 plus. Send me the KMZ. Message me for an email address. - Mick Porter, Tustin, CA USA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit