Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Death of my Spark

Yea. You had 2 things working against you:

1. Low battery. Don't let the battery get that low.
2. Under something. Be real careful when you're under something because your spark can't escape by going up.

You could still have it repaired, I recently also had to have my spark repaired, ***call 1(212) 333-3150 *** It's the DJI store in Manhattan in NYC. They are fabulous! You called them up, you can ship the spark to them, they will give you a free estimate, if you decide that you want to have the work performed you just authorize it in an email, then you will get another email telling you when the repairs are completed, usually within 7 to 10 days, and then you pay the amount, and then they will ship it back to your house for free! It's definitely worth looking into. Good luck to you my friend
Gemster18!!! Thank you for the repair tip. I contacted the store set everything up and shipped her off today. I'm looking forward to hearing back from them. Thanks again for the tip!! I really appreciate it. ?

Reactions: Spark 317
" I recently also had to have my spark repaired, ***call 1(212) 333-3150 *** It's the DJI store in Manhattan in NYC. They are fabulous! "

Post this number lots!

You are correct. The drone was down the street. I turned it around to bring her home when the rth kicked in and made it start climbing. At the height she was currently at, it would have be just a straight shot back home but, instead, it started climbing higher and higher and would not respond manually. That's why she got caught up in the trees.
You are correct. The drone was down the street. I turned it around to bring her home when the rth kicked in and made it start climbing. At the height she was currently at, it would have be just a straight shot back home but, instead, it started climbing higher and higher and would not respond manually. That's why she got caught up in the trees.
You should have pressed the pause button on the RC.

Reactions: Putz
You should have pressed the pause button on the RC.
Pause button is your friend in flight. Know where it is and be prepared to use it at the first sign of trouble. It's saved me several times during programed flights.

Pause button is your friend in flight. Know where it is and be prepared to use it at the first sign of trouble. It's saved me several times during programed flights.
Yes, it is. It should be written in bold capital letters in the Spark manual. Many people have no idea what's the use of it.

Reactions: DarkJedi66
The GPS return kicked in on my Spark yesterday when the battery hit 15% and tried to return home automatically. It automatically ascended and tried to go. Unfortunately, it rammed itself into a tree!! I panicked and tried to over-ride the auto-return but, by the time I shut it off, she had already crashed landed! When I recovered her, I found her completely busted! The gimbal/camera broken from its frame and hanging by a wire; and a gaping rip on the side of one of the motor fixtures. I bought my Spark used so it has no warranty or repair service for it. I'm heartbroken and S.O.L. too!!! ??
bottom line 15% on Spark you should've landed already. batteries drain really quickly especially at lower numbers. I've always found the battery drain rate seems to quicken once you are below 30%. and you have no wiggle room for wind interference, obstacles, or weakened battery, or other unexpected conditions. Regardless of obstacle avoidance. DJI refresh is a great option for newbie, as insurance. Not trying to pick on you, feel bad for anyone that loses drone. But you pushed the envelope, at 15% my drone is usually less than 30 feet way from me, actively in a landing process. Hope you can get it repaired..

In aviation, as well as everything else, you need to leave space for something to go wrong. Hope it doesn't cost too much to get your spark fixed.

Always remember to cancel that low battery warning at 15% if you don't it rth
And it depends on how far away you are as well

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit