Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Distance in USA to uk

arsenal1612

Join
Nov 16, 2017
what’s the distance in the uk comapared to the USA ? Is they anything u can do to change this ..

what’s the distance in the uk comapared to the USA ? Is they anything u can do to change this ..
This has been covered ad nauseum on the forum already. It is also stated on the DJI Spark Specification Page.
Use the search function on the forum and a plethora of threads will show up discussing your very question with real world tests on difference distances achieved under both CE and FCC modes.
Yes, there are ways to change the EIRP of the Spark but not for discussion on this forum.

what’s the distance in the uk comapared to the USA ?
When using the Spark remote controller, the max distance is 1.2 miles (FCC) or 0.3 miles (CE). Check out the Spark specs for more details.

A stock spark with OTG cable in decent (no perfect) condition with clear LOS (these vary!) and good antenna positions will fly about 900m maximum if its in 2.4g mode, I did this time after time (at same testing site) at around 70m high, but the connection was often VERY BAD from 450m onwards, this was really me just seeing how far I could push it and still retain some kind of basic feed and ability to snap a photo, you certainly would not want to shoot video with any kind of cinematic aspirations with that thing in CE mode beyond 300m.

The FCC hack does make a welcome improvement to the spark and the distances reported seem entirely possible, the sad thing is the hacks out there often unlock all the no fly zones/altitude too, so the authorities (roll eyes from editor!) in this case have really pushed a load of people into the welcoming arms of hackers selling cheap off the shelf hacks because the spark is a complete rip without the FCC mode.

You can't charge people 700 quid for a CE enabled spark when people know its got so much more potential. My opinion of the spark increased by about 40% based on the FCC hack.
It just made everything more solid and responsive, which is far more important than the potential upset of increased distance.

You don't need to be able to fly 1000+m to cause mayhem with a drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy