Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Assistant Dev mode

Brent

Join
Jun 8, 2017
As all are probably aware, DJI Assistant has a developer mode which allows changing many settings that ordinarily are not available. Has anyone had success with modifying these parameters? I am still waiting on my RC so cant try much at all yet. As soon as it comes in tho I cant wait to try super sport mode.

Reactions: weiss.hank
Not allowed to say how to do it on this forum but a quick little google or youtube search will reveal all. Easy peasy too!

i wifi'd 120m up.

Reactions: Brent
Remote coming next week so will be certainly experimenting with settings (not crazy though!).

I don't think you could classify changing parameters as modifying software or firmware. Changing parameters is something I have been doing for many years on all of my various RC craft to enhance and personalise how they respond, etc. Should we not have that same level of customisation on something I purchased? I can modify my car in any way I seem fit. Some might say having the capability to go over 300km/h is crazy however when using it also on the track, I would be able to use this capability. It is up to the police to make sure I am doing the right thing on the streets (and common sense). My computer I can modify in any way I chose. I actually cant think of anything I have purchased as a consumer (not commercial) that I have the right to change as I see fit as long as I am licensed to do so(240V equipment as an example of where a license is required). Am I missing something???

@Brent. Its fine modifying it. Its fine i can tell you what is under the hood and what it can do. But its wrong to publicly discuss how the modifications are done.

I guess the xxxxpilots.com forums don't want an analogy of "illegal street racers" who spoil the fun for everyone.

We don't know, but maybe the owner of these forums get a cut back from dji and its in thier vested interest to keep the skies safe and in the long run keep their pockets filled and too keep this hobby alive for you and I.

These forums have no connection to DJI. The modifications to the firmware/software commonly circumvent the safety system DJI built into the device. Also, the access to make the changes was never designed to be open to the average user. You agree to a TOS both here & with DJI that does not allow manipulation of the software/firmware. That is why we don't allow talk here about it. There are other forums who allow it, try RCgroup.

I don't think you could classify changing parameters as modifying software or firmware. Changing parameters is something I have been doing for many years on all of my various RC craft to enhance and personalise how they respond, etc. Should we not have that same level of customisation on something I purchased? I can modify my car in any way I seem fit. Some might say having the capability to go over 300km/h is crazy however when using it also on the track, I would be able to use this capability. It is up to the police to make sure I am doing the right thing on the streets (and common sense). My computer I can modify in any way I chose. I actually cant think of anything I have purchased as a consumer (not commercial) that I have the right to change as I see fit as long as I am licensed to do so(240V equipment as an example of where a license is required). Am I missing something???
i assume its similar to john deer tractors and how farmers cant even maintain them anymore without the proper software resets. its totally a bs thing for a company to do and like the farmers with john deer im sure there is a backdoor to " jailbreak" something we purchased. the fact that hardware and software can have different access even though the chips the software is on is hardware. corporations suck

Reactions: Brent
i assume its similar to john deer tractors and how farmers cant even maintain them anymore without the proper software resets. its totally a bs thing for a company to do and like the farmers with john deer im sure there is a backdoor to " jailbreak" something we purchased. the fact that hardware and software can have different access even though the chips the software is on is hardware. corporations suck

I understand why some restrictions are necessary like NFZ because there really are some stupid and irresponsible people out there. But for advanced pilots, they really should allow more customisation. Some of the constantly requested features are just a change in parameters but as we all know, DJI are very slow to listen to its users and implement changes. If I blow it up through my fault, that's my problem. If I cook batteries because I am drawing too much power, my problem. I want higher level of response, I should be able to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme