Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Care - Experience and Advice

nedcampbell

Join
Aug 18, 2018
Okay -- I need some help with the best path to filing a claim with DJI Care.

Here is my scenario:
- Flying Spark coupled to my iPhone 8
- Fly out from an open spot near a woods
- Go up and are flying connected over a lake and dam for about 4 minutes
- With no warning, my Spark disconnects and I have not controls. It is in clear line of sight.
- I wait for it to reconnect, but nothing happens after a minute or so.
- I'm guessing I'm down to about 20% battery at this point, so I shut down my WiFi and try to reconnect -- nada
- I do it twice more and then I reconnect
- The drone viewer shows it has started to Return To Home but it is headed for some trees
- I try to cancel but can't get it done
- Next message - something like "Your Motor is Stuck" and all I see is leave and blue sky in the view finder
- I track where it should be by Find My Drone but there are about 4-5 sycamore trees about 60 feet tall and I assume my Sparky is up there some where.

If my Sparky had not disconnected, I would never have had an issue.
Any experience with filing a claim to DJI Care?
Any advice?
Thanks.

You'll need your Spark to make a DJI Care claim. Please hope that the winds pick up and return to the site using the "Find My Drone" feature in the app.

I would recommend being honest in your Care claim, which you can make online if in the US. Elsewhere you'll need to call them. I had a similar experience, and I searched and prayed and Jesus helped me locate my drone. After finding I made the call to DJI told them I wanted to use my first replacement and they sent me e-mail instructions and shipping label. 14 days or so later a replacement Spark was at the UPS Access point for my collection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast