Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Care Refresh experience

shegeek72

Join
Apr 20, 2018
Anyone pay the $59 care refresh charge and not the additional $49 for service?

I sent my Care Refresh covered Spark back to DJI after hitting a tree. Got an email saying the gimbal/camera needed replacement and it would cost an additional $49. I went on DJI tech support chat and asked if repairs only (not replacement) required an added $49. The tech wasn't very specific, just said the $49 extra covers "replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability." I asked why they didn't just charge $108 ($59 + $49) upfront and he said he "honestly didn't know."

I think it's savvy, or deceptive, marketing on DJI's part depending on one's viewpoint.

Reactions: Guy
Does tell you in the terms and conditions before purchase. **** deal I know but it is there

As above, it tells you the breakdown of the cost/cover. It's the same for other insurance you take, as @shegeek72 said, it's an excess.
The same way I pay for insurance on my car, if I make a claim I have to pay an excess as well.

Isn't that the deal, i.e. you always have to pay for a replacement ? The fact that you don't pay $108 upfront is to keep the overall cost down since X% will end up NOT needing the insurance.

I came across something about drone insurance. I own a spark and mavic air. I live one hour from Philadelphia. State farm insured my mavic air for $30/year. No deductible. Covers repairs, theft, flyaway. Sent receipt, paid, and had my policy same day. Within one hour. Wow, why did I pay for dji after care lol!! They insure any drone. No home insurance required.

Sounds good ! Has anyone posted feedback on replacing a broken/lost drone though ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast