Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Care Refresh

My Spark started to lose GPS every time I flew her, she would try to fly away. So I called up support and they recommended I send it in for a repair or replace. So I shipped it ( free shipping) to Texas, last Monday, within a week they had it and diagnosed it not being a factory warranty problem and said I could use my first replacement drone from the refresh program, I paid the $49 and it has shipped will arrive next Tuesday, this all took place within two weeks.
I think if your a beginner drone pilot, it is worth it.

My Spark started to lose GPS every time I flew her, she would try to fly away. So I called up support and they recommended I send it in for a repair or replace. So I shipped it ( free shipping) to Texas, last Monday, within a week they had it and diagnosed it not being a factory warranty problem and said I could use my first replacement drone from the refresh program, I paid the $49 and it has shipped will arrive next Tuesday, this all took place within two weeks.
I think if your a beginner drone pilot, it is worth it.

Did you crash your drone before? If not, how is it not a warranty problem if my drone behaves weirdly within 1 year of purchase?

I have nothing against DJI Care Refresh. It is a must have for all. But it is mainly like an insurance for user error, not hardware error.

Reactions: somedaysailor
Did you crash your drone before? If not, how is it not a warranty problem if my drone behaves weirdly within 1 year of purchase?

I have nothing against DJI Care Refresh. It is a must have for all. But it is mainly like an insurance for user error, not hardware error.

I had a few minor mishaps, one time the wind pushed it into a fence, and once blew into a tree, this could have caused the gps compass to be out of wack.

I had a few minor mishaps, one time the wind pushed it into a fence, and once blew into a tree, this could have caused the gps compass to be out of wack.
I see. Fair enough in that case. You can't fault them for not giving you a free warranty replacement.

Well , I went to purchase the DJI Care, and understandingly given that I registered with them a few days ago and flew the AC, they require proof that all is in good shape...Craft , Controller and App. The only way for them to determine that all is well is to ask you to shot a video of various tasks that they want you to perform with the AC and make you go through various test . Some of those contradicts local rules about flight height ...but minor issue.

My main issue is to find a way to capture the video given that my phone is the video generator when I need one, but they want the phone to run DJI GO while shooting the video.

So long story short, I ain't going to get DJI Care immediately obviously as I have to figure out a way to mount my DSLR camera on the tripod and maybe have someone film as I go along the various tasks they ask for.

Can't argue with their check and balance, makes sense....I just got to figure out a way to record the video.

For newbies like me who are considering the 'Insurance policy' after you've registered with DJI, here is the check list of what they want....

Here is a video of it all...

Reactions: nilanjan118
Well , I went to purchase the DJI Care, and understandingly given that I registered with them a few days ago and flew the AC, they require proof that all is in good shape...Craft , Controller and App. The only way for them to determine that all is well is to ask you to shot a video of various tasks that they want you to perform with the AC and make you go through various test . Some of those contradicts local rules about flight height ...but minor issue.

My main issue is to find a way to capture the video given that my phone is the video generator when I need one, but they want the phone to run DJI GO while shooting the video.

So long story short, I ain't going to get DJI Care immediately obviously as I have to figure out a way to mount my DSLR camera on the tripod and maybe have someone film as I go along the various tasks they ask for.

Can't argue with their check and balance, makes sense....I just got to figure out a way to record the video.

For newbies like me who are considering the 'Insurance policy' after you've registered with DJI, here is the check list of what they want....

Here is a video of it all...

You are right. Just a small addition. You do get a small window if you decide to buy DJI Care after activating your AC. Within 48 hours of activating the AC, you do not have to submit any video evidence to be able to purchase DJI Care.

Last edited:
You are right. Just a small addition. You do get a small window even if you decide to buy DJI Care after activating your AC. Within 48 hours of activating the AC, you do not have to submit any video evidence to be able to purchase DJI Care.
=================

Oh....then maybe I should try that route,,,hopefully I am not too late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used the DJI refresh twice in the past year. Both crashes were caused by user error. The first crash I had them repair the spark as it was only a few weeks old. With the second crash I had them replace and they sent me a new drone along with a new battery as the battery was destroyed when it hit the pavement. In order to fet the battery replaced I sent DJI a pic of the destroyed battery. All in all, I am extremely pleased with DJI refresh.

Here in N.C. I have my Spark insured through State Farm for $60 a year. I was told that covers everything...crash, lost, stolen!
Interesting to know that you got your Spark covered via your State Farm insurance poylicy. What type of coverage (category) did State Farm insure the Spark under to get that kind of blanket coverage? Thx!

The owners of Sylvester saved the $50. I bought the DJI care for Pheobe.

I crashed my Drone into the water. Sent it in and they sent me a new one no questions asked. There was a $50/ deductible....BUT worth it.

Crap, oh well....
Your aircraft has been activated over 48 hours. You cannot purchase DJI Care Refresh

Not completely correct. There is a process described on the website. It involves making a video to demonstrate that the Spark is functioning properly.

Not completely correct. There is a process described on the website. It involves making a video to demonstrate that the Spark is functioning properly.
=============================

It is their boiler plate response I guess...robot - I know about the video testimonial I quoted it a bit higher up in this thread....

Thou shall see.....rather cumbersome process that video step but I do understand why they would go that route, makes sense.

Here in N.C. I have my Spark insured through State Farm for $60 a year. I was told that covers everything...crash, lost, stolen!

Here in NJ also got a "Personal Articles Policy" from State Farm for $50/yr and no deductible. Also dont have to use SF for other insurance needs - this is a stand alone policy. Covers accidental loss, theft, etc. No brainer in my opinion if you live in the U.S. to go that route over DJI Refresh.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme