Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Flight Simulator Demo Mode

daviwph

Join
Aug 1, 2019
Loc
South East Pennsylvania
I was a bit surprised to discover that the DJI Flight Simulator has several free demo configurations that are actually quite useful. It looked like a great way to develop my skills especially "orbit" maneuvers.

The challenge was to upgrade my 9-year-old Dell Optiplex desktop computer to add "gaming" capability. I started with the CPU, then added memory, a SSD, and lastly, and most importantly, I added a NVIDIA GTX 1050 GPU. What I ended up with was just below DJI's minimum recommended computer mostly due to CPU deficiencies.

If anyone is interested in my upgrade process I will be happy to elaborate. I wasn't ready to purchase a full blown gaming computer complete with a half-dozen fans and a 750 watt power supply if I didn't need it.

Fortunately, I able to find a Mavic Air controller on EBay at a good price. The Spark controller won't work according to DJI

The simulator is very realistic and performs very much like my Spark. I'm able to practice maneuvers around objects, and buildings. The illusive "orbit" skill is becoming almost automatic with just a few hours of practice.

I've very pleased with simulator especially since it uses a real controller and even responds to the gimble control and sport mode switch. It does something with the still and movie switches but I'm not sure exactly what it's doing. Maybe recording simulated pictures and video???

The NVIDIA GPU almost didn't physically fit in my computer which was something I should have looked at more closely.

I was lucky!

Last edited:
I liked using the one the Go4 app, but I haven't in a while.

I think it may have been removed on Android devices with the last Go4 update?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme