Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 app is dim

Iconoscope

Join
Jun 21, 2019
I can't effectively fly the Spark with the android app because the display is so dim and low contrast that the controls are not visible in a sunny area. Is there a way to improve the app contrast? I already have the tablet set to maximum brightness and other apps are easily visible in direct sun.

My phone has a VERY bright settings, but I keep finding it has turned itself down. Trying to remember to check that in preflight.

It tends to turn itself on in my pocket and go into settings and turn things on and off and ...

So I started using one of those lock screens. But the lock screen has an "emergency call" button. I often find it's in my pocket trying to call an emergency number.

Reactions: Iconoscope
I suppose that using an Android or iOS device to fly the Spark is a lost cause unless used indoors or at dusk outdoors. The displays are simply not bright enough to read in direct sunlight. I have heard of "ruggedized" devices that have a sunlight readable display, but no clue as to their compatibility with the DJI GO 4 app!

I suppose that using an Android or iOS device to fly the Spark is a lost cause unless used indoors or at dusk outdoors. The displays are simply not bright enough to read in direct sunlight. I have heard of "ruggedized" devices that have a sunlight readable display, but no clue as to their compatibility with the DJI GO 4 app!

If you want to spend the money, the Crystal Sky monitors are the way to go.

No hoods needed and is perfect for direct sunlight scenarios, and is based on an proprietary Android system.

Sun shades are going to work for both types of mobile devices, but you need to be creative where you stand some times.

In iOS you can turn off "True Tone" in the display settings to prevent auto adjustment of the brightness. I think some Android devices may have similar sensors which can likely be disabled.

If you want to spend the money, the Crystal Sky monitors are the way to go.

No hoods needed and is perfect for direct sunlight scenarios, and is based on an proprietary Android system.

I don't see anything about the Spark being supported on the page you link to. Is it actually supported on the Spark? Also, it's not clear (to me anyway) if you still need something else to run the App, or if this runs it's own version of the app?

I just think that DJI should redesign their DJI Go 4 app for greater visibility in bright outdoor conditions!

I don't see anything about the Spark being supported on the page you link to. Is it actually supported on the Spark? Also, it's not clear (to me anyway) if you still need something else to run the App, or if this runs it's own version of the app?

Here is a link that is a couple of years old , but apparently the CS monitor does work the Spark.

You might have to purchase an $80 accessory to attach the CS to the RC.

Last edited:
I just think that DJI should redesign their DJI Go 4 app for greater visibility in bright outdoor conditions!

Agreed.

How many times have you been out in a new location during a sunny day and discovered a warning prompt stating something about an "Enhanced flying area, do you agree?" message.

Oh sure, you see where it says "YES", but maybe not notice the little blue square in the corner that you have to check, BEFORE clicking the "YES" button.

That color of blue is difficult to see in daylight, even with a sunshade.

Blue on black background isn't an ideal color scheme for outdoor use.

Last edited:
It happens to me all the time in the summer! When its hot my iphone gets warm and dims the display! Annoying as hell!

If you have a spotter, you can try my solution. I got some black fabric, about 3 feet long and a foot wide. Attached it to my hat and it drapes down to the remote. out in the sun I can see my iPhone 8+ great but of course, nothing else around me (thus the spotter to maintain LOS). It is a very "cousin It" solution but it worked. My twilight flights tend to not be a problem with the iPhone screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502