Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO 4 vs LITCHI

moonbuggyman

Join
Sep 30, 2018
Reading the threads I'm noticing that some people have mentioned the LITCHI app, is that a better app for the spark?

For me Litchi is not in general the better App for DJI Drones but for waypoints I prefer Litchi over the DJI Go 4 App. Also I can only use Google Maps in Litchi but not in the DJI Go 4 App.

My opinion, Litchi is not expensive so why give it not a try! ;)

I use Litchi for some flights where the DJI app does not support what I want to do... Waypoint is one, Focus on subject and course lock (when you want to fly parallel to something like a road). Litchi does not support OTG, so my distance with Litchi is only a fraction of the DJI app with otg.. So for any longish distance flights I currently revert to the DJI app.

So basically for more technical close in videos Litchi gives me more options, with DJI covering the long flights.

I posted this early August

"On the OTG usage, I was advised by Litchi support that the new Beta for Android still doesn't officially support OTG due to some bugs in the SDK. I found I could use it until I tried to change the maximum altitude setting from Litchi and it failed over OTG but worked with WiFi. There may be other hidden issues."

I've been on holiday since then and although Spark is now supported, I don't see anything in the Litchi updates about OTG. They did say it could take time for DJI to iron out the bugs.

I can't wait to see what this waypoints 2.0 that is coming and I hope it isn't just for the Mavic 2 drones. This is where DJI really disappointed me with waypoints it's absolutely shocking that you can't even do waypoints offline in the Go 4 app.

On otg in litchi I was using litchi last night the proper app not beta version and it comes up saying otg isn't supported but it does work though. And I never once got the cancel button to keep my spark in FCC as well I thought they had sorted out that.

im using otg on litchi on ios and all works fine. im using the litchi for the waypoints too. as i can make the mission offline.

Any one running Litchi 2.6.2 app version on their Spark without any issues ?
Was using Litchi 2.5.1 app version previously without any issues .
Any info you give will be Greatly Appreciated.

Are you on iPhone? On Android the lastest Version is v4.9.0-g from 09/21/2018 and runs so far without any issues.

litchi 2.6.2 with ios 12.1 otg works fine here. had issue with safe db update at first w/go 4 and updated via assistant 2 and had no ill effects since.

Is someone from CE country using Litchi in FCC mode?

I have read some posts stated that Litchi cancels FCC hack, because of the DJI SDK.

I would like to test Litchi, but in CE mode, range is terrible for me (about 200m with 5.8g).

Thinking of updating iOS 12.0.1 & updating Litchi to 2.6.2. Hopefully all goes well. Should I also update the Spark firmware to the latest.
Had issues with updating previously, with DJI in the past so just a little Leary.
Interested in any one that has all the updates and it performs as it should.
Thanks. For the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef