Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI GO APP not working properly on Android

Rockdeme

Join
Oct 8, 2017
Hi there!

I finally ordered myself the Spark this weekend, and just downloaded the app before the drone arrives. I've heard about the app being buggy on android and I ran into several problems myself. I don't know if these can be sorted out somehow.

I have a Oneplus 3 phone with root access, currently running a custom OxygenOS (7.1.1). The rom itself is utterly stable, I've never experienced any issues.

The first noticable bug is, that the app forces landscape mode right after the loadig screen, however it is obviously supposed to be on portrait mode:

Y7OnXWA.png

The next bug is the offline map page not being able to acquire the city list:

Usy5Fiv.png

0jqBf9I.png

I assume the next issue I noticed is connected to the previous one, on the 'Find my drone' page, the map won't load, even tho I have the HERE WeGo app downloaded, as well as the offline map of this area.

Lps2U6G.png

Can any of these issues be solved somehow, or I'm stuck with it on android.

Thanks!

P.S. Is there any way to resize the images posted?

Hi there!

I finally ordered myself the Spark this weekend, and just downloaded the app before the drone arrives. I've heard about the app being buggy on android and I ran into several problems myself. I don't know if these can be sorted out somehow.

I have a Oneplus 3 phone with root access, currently running a custom OxygenOS (7.1.1). The rom itself is utterly stable, I've never experienced any issues.

The first noticable bug is, that the app forces landscape mode right after the loadig screen, however it is obviously supposed to be on portrait mode:

Y7OnXWA.png

The next bug is the offline map page not being able to acquire the city list:

Usy5Fiv.png

0jqBf9I.png

I assume the next issue I noticed is connected to the previous one, on the 'Find my drone' page, the map won't load, even tho I have the HERE WeGo app downloaded, as well as the offline map of this area.

Lps2U6G.png

Can any of these issues be solved somehow, or I'm stuck with it on android.

Thanks!

P.S. Is there any way to resize the images posted?
It has to be an issue with the phone. I would suggest trying a different device. I use an LG Stylo 2 for my device and it is Android 6.0 and I have also used my Stylo 3 on 7.0 and it worked just fine.

Unfortunately, unless you use one of the approved devices you are on your own. Many devices not on the list do work so there may be a workaround for you. DJI products work best with Apple devices and a handful of Andriod devices like the Sheild.

EDIT: just looked to provide the source website and DJI has changed the site again. They no longer have an approved device list.

I think the further your phone moves away from stock Android, the more likely you will have problems with the Go 4 app. I use the Moto G5 Plus which is as close to stock Android as you can get without buying a Pixel and I have never had any issues with the last 2 releases. With all of the many forks of Android along with a very complex app will result in producing instabilities no matter how much testing is done.

I think the further your phone moves away from stock Android, the more likely you will have problems with the Go 4 app. I use the Moto G5 Plus which is as close to stock Android as you can get without buying a Pixel and I have never had any issues with the last 2 releases. With all of the many forks of Android along with a very complex app will result in producing instabilities no matter how much testing is done.
I also think the more "stock" Android the better, Samsung phones in particular have a huge amount of bloat wear which runs in the background....The LG G6 is another stock Android phone and very reasonably priced.

I have had no issues at all using the spark with a Sony Xperia ZX [emoji106]

Well, i have a Nexus7 2013 tablet and i have exactly the same issues as you. Everything the same. My phone is a nexus 6p and that one is working properly. Very strange..

I also have the Moto G5 Plus, but mine wouldn't work with OTG cable, are you using wifi to connect to the rc?

Samsung galaxy core prime in use for my spark setup, OTG working perfectly.... even launches when i plug the cable in. Now to get GO to work as reliably.

Sorry to hear that....have you ever managed to connect to the wifi or you can't reconnect?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit