Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go App will not let me fly - Help!

AF_Flyer

Join
Jun 18, 2017
Loc
Crestview, FL
My first flight went well yesterday but for whatever reason the DJI Go app will no longer allow me to fly. I've tried multiple locations (to include the same spot I was in yesterday) and the app keeps stating I'm in a restricted zone which they are not. Even the map shows clear.

When I try and fill out the DJI GEO system site to unlock the area it will not let me select a pin of where I want to fly. My only guess is that it is because they are NOT restricted areas.

I also tried an area I knew was restricted 4.8 miles from an airport but I notified them and was in the clear. However, when I go into the app it shows a totally different restricted area that more than 30 miles away.

I've tried about everything I know how and have wasted 6 hours on this today. I guess I'll try one more time tomorrow but if it goes like this again I may have to send it back?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. It can't hurt.

Were you flying RC? If so was the GPS map on the flight app showing that you were in the right place?

Okay, I finally got it to work after messing around most of the day but I still have a couple of questions.

First off, I got it working by applying for the unlocking of the restriction but what I don't understand is that the restriction popping up was from an airport that's over 30 miles away. And again, there's no restriction areas on the map.

In any case, we got some flight time today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme