Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dji Go4 Mod 2+ Superpatcher, satellite count?

IMADMAN

Join
Jan 31, 2018
Anyone running this combo? Maybe my vision is going or it's just hard to see on the app. What kind of Satellite counts are you getting? I think I'm getting 14-16. My jacked Mavic running Superpatcher gets high 30, low 40 count.

I have never heard of either one of those apps. How does that increase the number of sats that the Spark sees?

Not sure how you are getting that many, the us only has 31 total, 24 operating at one time, and not all would be visible to your drone at the same time.

Not sure how you are getting that many, the us only has 31 total, 24 operating at one time, and not all would be visible to your drone at the same time.
The Superpatcher mod let's you use other satellites other than the U.S. like I said maybe my vision it's that great? The mod 2 app it's hard to see the numbers, compared to the regular Dji go4 app. I'll try to take a pic of the screen, next time I put the Mavic in the air.

Reactions: djmatt
Any chance you Superpatched your bird?
Not superpatched, but modded Spark (Mod 2.0 + NLD).

Both Spark and Mavic support GPS (US) and GLONASS (Russia) by default.

Maybe the superpatcher "activate" Galileo (EU) and/or BeiDou (China) in the Mavic chip only.

Not superpatched, but modded Spark (Mod 2.0 + NLD).

Both Spark and Mavic support GPS (US) and GLONASS (Russia) by default.

Maybe the superpatcher "activate" Galileo (EU) and/or BeiDou (China) in the Mavic chip only.
Yes those constellations as well. Maybe the low satellite count for the spark is due to a different "chip" vs. the mavic? I'll try test it when I have a chance. A count for the Mod 2 and a count for Dji go4.

Anyone running this combo? Maybe my vision is going or it's just hard to see on the app. What kind of Satellite counts are you getting? I think I'm getting 14-16. My jacked Mavic running Superpatcher gets high 30, low 40 count.
The Russian Satellite's--Glonass may be detectable with your software. that would explain the increased count. I went to their website but it doesn't give that factor. you'd need to investigate.

You didn't get a real answer to your question, so I'll try. UAV Forecast says I shouldn't fly because they predict 11.8 satellites viewable at my location. At 60 feet above launch point, my Spark shows 20 satellites. It kept giving me a low battery warning, so I didn't try going higher. Immediately after landing the Spark I took my Mavic Pro up to 120 feet and it showed 24 satellites. Both birds were runnibg on Litchi and both birds have the SuperPatcher patch to allow GPS, Galileo and GLONASS reception. I hope this helps.

Reactions: awacsnl and djmatt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme