Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order in the DJI Store here. It comes packed with the following new features:
  • New platinum color
  • New FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs
  • New 8331 propeller design
  • Up to 4 dB (60%) quieter than the Mavic Pro
  • Maximum flight time extended from 27 to 30 minutes
More information can be found on DJI's site here.

Last edited:
So do you think the longer flight times is due to the new propeller design or is it a new battery too? Also, can the new propeller be used in the current Mavic pro?

The battery is the same (other than the new platinum color). The additional flight time comes from the new ESCs and props.

can the new propeller be used in the current Mavic pro?
Yes. The DJI Store shows they are compatible here.

Wonder if the new props will fit on the pro and if there are any benefits in doing so...

/WANT! :D

I'm finding the Spark to be adequate but irritatingly noisy. Anything to make the drone hobby less annoying/noticeable for other people.

Thanks for the link. Interesting to note they say the 60% reduction in "noise" is during take-off and landing... So during hovering I'm wondering what the reduction is. I'm more interested in the increased flight time even if it is a couple minutes...

Yes, they are compatible per the DJI Store description here.

/WANT! :D

I'm finding the Spark to be adequate but irritatingly noisy. Anything to make the drone hobby less annoying/noticeable for other people.
I think that the reduced noise on mavic will probably still noisier than spark? anyone can back this up with stat?

Reading some of the news articles it sounds like the reduced noise is due to upgraded ESC's on the motors. They will be using a Sinusoidal electrical pattern. So I'm guessing the new props will not create the same 4db drop on the old mavic.

Reading some of the news articles it sounds like the reduced noise is due to upgraded ESC's on the motors. They will be using a Sinusoidal electrical pattern. So I'm guessing the new props will not create the same 4db drop on the old mavic.
Runs crying...

Winglets on the props should reduce noise and turbulence by stopping vortexes where the speed is greatest. (Plenty more discussion over on the MP forum if you're interested)

For anyone who was waiting, the Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order here in the DJI Store. The current estimated ship date is September 25th.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis