Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI NYC Event

So is this real or...

I can's see where DJI has announced it like they have in the past. How long did we wait for the Spark videoconference as they announced it plenty ahead of time. Also, if it is at 10 that would be 7 PST.

I'm not so sure - but then again one can hope.

That's certainly welcoming news as I have space in my hangar. Now I need to start saving my pennies as the event is only about a week away.

I had Spark for one week, sold and mailed it today before market is flooded with resales. Wifi RC doesn't cut it when you've flown Lightbridge and occusync.

Spark penny proceeds will go toward next 'great' toy IF not WIFI and camera
is worthy. DJI posted video for 1/23/18 announcement hours ago.

Reactions: Brojon
The announcement is for the DJI Mavic Air

Here is a first leaked photograph
dji-mavic-air.jpg

Rumors have it between Spark and Mavic, 20 min flight time, Mavic RC.

If that is the case it out to be interesting to see how many people jump on it that already have both a Spark and a Mavic.

Here are some more leaked photos:

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpeg 5.jpg 6.jpg

So, we got ...

- 2 axis gimbal, 4k, 32 MP camera
- folding arms, front, down, back sensors
- gesture control
- 21 min flight time

So, we got ...

- gesture control
- 21 min flight time
Still a lot of open questions such as connectivity.

So, we got ...

- gesture control
- 21 min flight time
I think it is a 3 axis and isn't a 32MP camera but 32MP in pano mode. The connection and whether it is wifi or Occusync is going to be the issue for most people I believe.

The connection and whether it is wifi or Occusync is going to be the issue for most people
That's the only thing that hasn't seemed to be mentioned in any of the leak...I hope it isn't wifi

Reactions: mano
I agree the connection is going to be the biggie. Rumor is that it uses same remote as Mavic. So say it does use Occusync with the 3 axis gimbal, 4k60, OA front, back, bottom it would be nice indeed. Can't imagine what they would put in Mavic Pro 2 that would make it so much better unless it would be a real high end camera like the P4P and of course longer flight time. We shall see in about an hour.

Watched it. My opinion: disappointed.

Occusync 2 is great, but in reality it isn't anything new. Just glad they didn't try to go wifi on this one.

Hasselblad camera is sure to give amazing pictures, but they didn't mention what the actual dynamic range is of the sensor, just that they can use "eHDR" to stack exposures. Well, so can anyone!

Zoom is neat, but only a 2x zoom. That's nothing, and you can take that with 4k. And on the zoom you have the same 1:2/3 sensor as the original Mavic/Air/Spark.

Oh, and no 4k/60.

End of the day it's a more portable Phantom 4 Pro. I won't be running out to get this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef