Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI pushes Parrot out of entry drone market

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
Other manufacturers will surely follow suit and shift their production away from the hobbyist in favor of “prosumer” models. They’ve been regulated out of business and out marketed by DJI. The remaining profits are primarily in the growing commercial drone market.

Parrot ceases production of consumer drone models

Consumer drones <> toy drones, that's what they've discontinued and it's been several months too.

Consumer drones <> toy drones, that's what they've discontinued and it's been several months too.

Yes. Manufacturers won’t confirm production is permanently discontinued until stock is nearly depleted to avoid killing sales and being stuck with worthless inventory.

Parrot just confirmed on July 18 that they’ve exited that market. I’d be surprised if the Anafi survives 2020.

About 2 years ago Parrot announced they would scale back production of consumer drones. Since then their sales have collapsed and they laid off half of their employees.

The NEWS is that they have quit completely.

2 years ago failing. As of 2 days ago — dead. Big difference and the tech media picked up on it.

There have been several articles that document Parrot’s flagging business model. They are in second place but their market share is a paltry 7% !!!

Now Parrot has labeled the Anafi as a professional drone which is another marketing gaff. It pales in comparison to true pro tools. Analysts expect them to shift to strictly commercial and government drones in order to survive.

I see you've been deleting your messages...trying to justify your scoop, again the Anafi is F.I.N.E.,the CEO announced when the Anafi was launched that the toy drones were DONE, i.e. 1+ years ago, the fact that The Verve only just picked up on this is IRRELEVANT. Anyway, the CEO bought back all outstanding Parrot shares and does exactly what he wants with his company, regardless of what some KIA across the pond thinks he should do. Hope that helps!

Parrot is dying. Nothing you’ve said and nothing that I’ve researched can convince me otherwise.

It’s not “my scoop”. It’s all over the tech blogs. LOL.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. It’s simply the well documented decline of a company on its last gasps.

An interesting lesson in how not to complete in the marketplace (in contrast to the success of DJI).