Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Refused Refund because Spark was Activated

Xanth

Join
Jun 16, 2017
Encouraged by a post where someone reported contacting DJI via chat and was sent a shipping label to return their Spark for a refund, I contacted DJI chat today.

I will post the entire chat transcript later, but it is important that one part of the exchange be shared right away.

Some time ago I contacted DJI regarding a return and received an email that included the following requirement:
a. Within 14 calendar days of delivery if the product has no manufacturing defect, and is still in new or like-new condition.

Today via chat they stated:
You can request Return & Refund Service:
√ Within seven (7) calendar days of receiving a product if the product has no manufacturing defect, has not been activated and is still in new or like-new condition.

The difference in calendar days is hokey because apparently you have to request the refund within 7 days and return it within 14.

The BIG CHANGE is the additional requirement that the Spark not be activated.

If that is now official DJI policy and not a rogue chat rep, I will never buy from DJI.com again. Only local dealers that will provide a reasonable return policy.

FYI - The return policy on the DJI site appears to have been changed and is even more restrictive.
Refund Policy - Help Center | DJI Store

Caveat Emptor!

Man that sucks

It sounds crazy, but it's worked for me many times in the past. Call right back or later this evening and just start another chat from scratch again with no mention of your previous call. It's worth a try.

That was my first instinct too, but over a few days their policy seems to be getting worse, so I found another way to offload it that'll set me back ~$50. It could be worse.

That's why I brought from Amazon. I got the standalone from them was delivered on the 6/16. So far I am happy. I might return this and get the Fly more combo. I have 30 days to play with.

That's why I brought from Amazon. I got the standalone from them was delivered on the 6/16. So far I am happy. I might return this and get the Fly more combo. I have 30 days to play with.

I buy everything from Amazon...normally. They didn't get the Mavic's soon enough, and I assumed it would be the same for the Spark.
Next time for sure.

DJI.com is dead to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme