Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark and Android Galaxy Note 10+

dbarwi1

Join
Jan 4, 2021
I recently purchase a DJI Spark and am having difficulties with the DJI Go App. I am able to get the drone to connect with the controller and am able to connect my phone to the controller's wifi. The device connects but within 3 seconds, the drone disconnects from the app. Sometimes it reconnects but it always disconnects from the app within a few seconds. I can fly the drone fine with just the controller. Is this a compatibility issue with the Galaxy Note 10+? Does anyone else have the problem and can you recommend anything to resolve it? I've already turned the phone on airplane mode with wifi only running. I also bought a USB - C to micro USB cable to connect from the controller to the phone. I've uninstalled the app, reset my phone, reinstalled the app and same issue. I've also already reset the drone's wifi (hold button 10 secs). None of these options are working for me.

Thanks for any help!
Daniel

I think the proper cable would be a USB-C to mini USB (not micro).

I recently purchase a DJI Spark and am having difficulties with the DJI Go App. I am able to get the drone to connect with the controller and am able to connect my phone to the controller's wifi. The device connects but within 3 seconds, the drone disconnects from the app. Sometimes it reconnects but it always disconnects from the app within a few seconds. I can fly the drone fine with just the controller. Is this a compatibility issue with the Galaxy Note 10+? Does anyone else have the problem and can you recommend anything to resolve it? I've already turned the phone on airplane mode with wifi only running. I also bought a USB - C to micro USB cable to connect from the controller to the phone. I've uninstalled the app, reset my phone, reinstalled the app and same issue. I've also already reset the drone's wifi (hold button 10 secs). None of these options are working for me.

Thanks for any help!
Daniel
I'm using a new Galaxy A8 that I bought for the purpose of working with the controller. It has Android version 10 on it. My understanding is that the DJI is not set up to work with Android 11 'yet' But it works well with 'droid' versions from 10 down to about 5 I've heard. The cable is a USB Micro at the controller and at the Galaxy as well. If you try to force another connector other than USB Micro it won't work. You can buy an adaptor to go from USB 'C' to USB Micro from Amazon. It connects in a heartbeat for DJI GO4 and the 'Drone Harmony' app as well. {But note that the female receptor on the controller had needed to be replaced by DJI. It had been damaged by the previous 'owner'} So see when you plug the controller to the charger if the battery indicator lights up. That will tell you if the USB Micro female receptor on the controller is functioning.

I am going to say no as far as it being a compatibility issue with your GALAXY NOTE 10+ and the reason I say that is because I have a GALAXY NOTE 10 and this problem you're having right now I had a little while back and my issue was a bad usb microcable which I went and bought another one and I am also using the OTG adapter that comes with our GALAXY NOTE 10's I hope you get it figured out & oh yeah brother make sure you have allowed all of your DJI GO 4 APP permissions as well and I am running my WI-FI on the 2.4gHz and not the 5gHz and also as of now I'm still on ANDROID 10 with the ONE UI 2.5 let me know if this helps you out and GOD BLESS YOU [emoji3583] Sincerely Clay B.

Reactions: sparky markie
Did you get your Note 10+ working with your Spark? I recently had to upgrade to a Samsung S10+ from a S8+. I found that the DJI go4 app on the play store is out of date and did not work and I had to download directly from DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef