Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark at 7000 feet on July the 4th -- 18th flawless Flight

Sterling Collins

Join
Jun 22, 2017
Happy July 4th 2017 too All . I took off at 6 am this morning to a 7000 foot level 5 miles from Big Bear Lake with the Spark and Phantom 4 Pro to the land of perfect signals and no aircraft or people . My Spark worked perfect as usual for a total of 18 flights now . All modes were just as they are supposed too . My RC controller is set up with the OTG cable and a Dedicated Ipad Mini 3 with nothing on it but the DJI Apps and Google Maps ( I stream no pics or vids to my tablet -- People that listen to music , text , answer calls , and other cell crap you do while you fly you will crash or it will fly away ... ) . My Ipad has no phone connection so I hot spot the maps from my cell and then shut down the cell so no signals are going into the Ipad mini3 . I have not had any connection or image issues that all seems to have . Maybe Sterling got the Good Spark ?? I cannot say enough about the little demon , No it is not my P4P or P3A but it seems to play well with the big boys and had a place in my drone tours . The Spark is so small , after 75 feet I cannot see it so when I was at 150 feet and over I just hit return to home and when it gets close i shut RTH off and take over ... ALL WORKS PERFECT ON MY DJI SPARK !!!!!! It was a great day with the drones today ... Aces High All !!!! DJI_0132.JPG IMG_8552.JPG DJI_0129 (2).JPG IMG_8522.JPG IMG_8546.JPG

Last edited:
Dedicated Ipad Mini 3 with nothing on it but the DJI Apps and Google Maps
Sorry for going off topic of the thread, but - how are you using an iPad with DJI Go and Google Maps? On my iPad Mini 4, DJI Go uses Apple Maps. For some reason, my internet doesn't like the Apple Maps server and will not download maps. I have to go either somewhere that has free internet or where my phone has a strong enough signal to tether. Google Maps works fine (I think Litchi uses them), so if I could make Go use Google, I'd be happy..

Reactions: Sterling Collins
Sorry for going off topic of the thread, but - how are you using an iPad with DJI Go and Google Maps? On my iPad Mini 4, DJI Go uses Apple Maps. For some reason, my internet doesn't like the Apple Maps server and will not download maps. I have to go either somewhere that has free internet or where my phone has a strong enough signal to tether. Google Maps works fine (I think Litchi uses them), so if I could make Go use Google, I'd be happy..
I will check on this as you could be right -- if so I will delete Google Maps ..thanks

Happy July 4th 2017 too All . I took off at 6 am this morning to a 7000 foot level 5 miles from Big Bear Lake with the Spark and Phantom 4 Pro to the land of perfect signals and no aircraft or people . My Spark worked perfect as usual for a total of 18 flights now . All modes were just as they are supposed too . My RC controller is set up with the OTG cable and a Dedicated Ipad Mini 3 with nothing on it but the DJI Apps and Google Maps ( I stream no pics or vids to my tablet -- People that listen to music , text , answer calls , and other cell crap you do while you fly you will crash or it will fly away ... ) . My Ipad has no phone connection so I hot spot the maps from my cell and then shut down the cell so no signals are going into the Ipad mini3 . I have not had any connection or image issues that all seems to have . Maybe Sterling got the Good Spark ?? I cannot say enough about the little demon , No it is not my P4P or P3A but it seems to play well with the big boys and had a place in my drone tours . The Spark is so small , after 75 feet I cannot see it so when I was at 150 feet and over I just hit return to home and when it gets close i shut RTH off and take over ... ALL WORKS PERFECT ON MY DJI SPARK !!!!!! It was a great day with the drones today ... Aces High All !!!! View attachment 386 View attachment 381 View attachment 382 View attachment 383 View attachment 384

Really nice scenery Sir.
I wish one day I can use my Spark at Bear Mountain NY.
Love all your photos.
Looks like you have a booster anthenna in your controller.
What was that?

Reactions: Sterling Collins
Really nice scenery Sir.
I wish one day I can use my Spark at Bear Mountain NY.
Love all your photos.
Looks like you have a booster anthenna in your controller.
What was that?
Yes the range boosters do work at times and give a better signal , they were $15 and work on all my DJI drones ..thanks

Thank you Sterling.
Would you mind to send me the link where you bought it please.
How do you hook it up in the controller?
You
Thank you Sterling.
Would you mind to send me the link where you bought it please.
How do you hook it up in the controller?
You can look them up on Amazon .. type - DJI Range Extenders or DJI Spark Accessories .... they just drop right on the antennas ...very easy . Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef