Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Fell Out of the Sky!

djisparky

Join
Jul 2, 2019
So I was vacationing in Colorado, and I had the opportunity to pull out my Spark to capture some footage. On my third flight, I got a “Max Rotor Speed Reached” I never got a wind warning. After noticing the weird behavior I decided to bring the Spark in. It literally dropped out of the sky about 100Ft and literally right before crash landing I regained control and successfully landed it. I did a little research and decided to re-calibrate the IMU and after that I had no more issues. I’m thinking the altitude and maybe a couple other factors caused this? I’m from Houston so it was definitely a change in environment. Thoughts?

Reactions: le_kour
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, djisparky.

Possible wind drafts up, down, sideways if in a hilly area?

I've reached a "max rotor motor" message before and it's usually on a windy day when a gust may spin the props quicker for an instant?

Two apps worth having are the AIRMAP and UAV Forecast, both are free from the app stores

AIRMAP will tell you about your flight surroundings for airports, NFZ's, etc.

UAV Forecast gives you weather conditions such as wind direction and speeds at different altitudes.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

I’ve seen that warning message when going forward fast and ascending rapidly on a windy day when using non-DJI props. Motors at maximum stress and pull too much energy for battery to supply. Happened every time with that maneuver.

Message went away when I put stock DJI props back on.

Reactions: nilanjan118
I’ve also had that message but I was flying over a river filming boats and a sudden gust of wind hit from the side

Never had that happen! So now there is another thing to watch out for! Good that you were able to land it safely.

Reactions: graywoulf
I’ve seen that warning message when going forward fast and ascending rapidly on a windy day when using non-DJI props. Motors at maximum stress and pull too much energy for battery to supply. Happened every time with that maneuver.

Message went away when I put stock DJI props back on.
Quite an interesting feedback here. Weren't you using Anbee props too? This is the first time I am seeing someone reporting a problem about them on any forum. Thanks for the heads up Andre.

Quite an interesting feedback here. Weren't you using Anbee props too? This is the first time I am seeing someone reporting a problem about them on any forum. Thanks for the heads up Andre.
So I was vacationing in Colorado, and I had the opportunity to pull out my Spark to capture some footage. On my third flight, I got a “Max Rotor Speed Reached” I never got a wind warning. After noticing the weird behavior I decided to bring the Spark in. It literally dropped out of the sky about 100Ft and literally right before crash landing I regained control and successfully landed it. I did a little research and decided to re-calibrate the IMU and after that I had no more issues. I’m thinking the altitude and maybe a couple other factors caused this? I’m from Houston so it was definitely a change in environment. Thoughts?
My guess is that due to high altitude( low air density) and other factors the processor pushed the props to their top spinning speed and thereafter the flight of the drone could not be controlled reliably. Therefore it seems to be that the speed of the drone should be reduced immediately when this message occurs to insure that the drone is not lost.

When you say it dropped out of the sky, did the motors stop, or where they running but erratically? It sounds like a similar issue my Spark has. New here so not sure if I'll post this video correctly. Listen after the 180 turn as it drops and you can hear the motors running and surging. The pilot records show now warnings at all.

I've received the message as well and I use the stock props. Always have.

It depends on the filght conditions but the warning may pop up momentarily and it's just that, a warning that goes away.

Unless you have a visual observer to help you during the flight, you might not even see the warning flash on the screen if you are flying VLOS of the Spark and not constantly watching it from the screen.

Running a screen record app is good for reviewing flights later and see all of the telemetry during the flight.

If it was a constant warning / error, I'd be concerned.

I've received the message as well and I use the stock props. Always have.

It depends on the filght conditions but the warning may pop up momentarily and it's just that, a warning that goes away.

Unless you have a visual observer to help you during the flight, you might not even see the warning flash on the screen if you are flying VLOS of the Spark and not constantly watching it from the screen.

Running a screen record app is good for reviewing flights later and see all of the telemetry during the flight.

If it was a constant warning / error, I'd be concerned.

I shoot video a lot and for that reason my eyes are mostly fixed on the screen. I have never seen this message appear in my 6 months of flying with Anbee propellers.

at exactly 1:25 you can hear the rotors start to "wow wow wow wow", something is going wrong. That's not wind, the trees are pretty calm. Something is oscillating or "hunting".

Reactions: rich777
at exactly 1:25 you can hear the rotors start to "wow wow wow wow", something is going wrong. That's not wind, the trees are pretty calm. Something is oscillating or "hunting".

I'm not sure what you trying to say. Yes something is wrong, that's why i posted the video, and yes the motors start surging or as you say "wow wow wow" but still dropping. Other times it did this I had the stick pushed up and no response at all. This time I just had all fingers off the controls and it came down fast but not a free fall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast