Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Geo Fence Update Fails

Jeffrey Journey

Join
Jul 15, 2017
I'm writing this from memory so I may not be as complete as I would like. Last night I updated my DJI Go 4 app on my iPad mini 4 to the latest IOS version 4.1.12. I then started the app with my spark RC and Spark powered on and my OTG cable connected (not that that matters (?). I then started getting a message (from DJI I believe?) that I needed to update my GEO fence database. It appears that I was able to download the update but continually fail to install it. My confusion is several but one question is what am I updating exactly? The firmware on the spark? or the DJI Go 4 app? or both?
Any help, advise or experience regarding this would be appreciated...Thanks...Jeff

I think your updating the spark firmware and the Go4 app, I've found that I can not update anything if I have my OTG cable plugged in, the only way I can update is when connected with wifi...hope this helps!

Reactions: DesertWindAero
I think your updating the spark firmware and the Go4 app, I've found that I can not update anything if I have my OTG cable plugged in, the only way I can update is when connected with wifi...hope this helps!

That was going to be my suggestion, 100%.

Just a follow-up to this topic I was finally able to update my GEO fence database information. I believe the issue was that initially I was trying to use my iPad mini 4 which is wireless only. Once I attempted to perform the update with my iphone (instead of my iPad) then I was successful. I conclude that I needed both a wireless connection and a data connection to perform the update from the DJI go 4 app on my iPhone.
I'll remember this for any future updates.

Reactions: Zoran

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none