Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Mod Foldable Landing Gear

VIRACO

Join
Jul 25, 2017
Hey guys, I have been looking for landing gear for the DJIspark, especial ones that are foldable. I have until now not found any compact and foldable landing gear. I decided to buy some pre-made ones on aliexpress and customize them to fit my liking. Watch the video to see how I do it!

youtube tumbnail.JPG

Nice mod.

I have the PolarPro gear that friction fits to the battery but not tight enough for me.

I've been launching / landing by hand lately.

Reactions: VIRACO
Nice mod.

I have the PolarPro gear that friction fits to the battery but not tight enough for me.

I've been launching / landing by hand lately.

Hey, thanks! You could give it a try with this mod, this is definitely a cheaper option haha

I launch/land by hand pretty much all the time but I love this landing gear mod. So practical and badass looking. Nice job!

I launch/land by hand pretty much all the time but I love this landing gear mod. So practical and badass looking. Nice job!
I agree, I to often palm launch/land but sometimes it's more practicle to land in the ground. More space and safer. Thanks, you should give it a try [emoji16]

I have these lying around.
Thought they would be the perfect combo of guard rings and legs, but in practice I actually never need guards.

I also have separate legs for the Spark, but they are not foldable. Although very easy to attach/detach..

Perhaps this is a good solution. I could keep these on the Spark, even in the case..
Thanks for the tip!

DroneChannel Tim

I would do this right now but I don't think it would fit in my small case.

Hey guys, I have been looking for landing gear for the DJIspark, especial ones that are foldable. I have until now not found any compact and foldable landing gear. I decided to buy some pre-made ones on aliexpress and customize them to fit my liking. Watch the video to see how I do it!

View attachment 4500
I like your gimbal cover - where did you get it from?

Thanks - will definitely get one!
They have a grey and a transparant version.
I got the grey one, thought it would look better on the Spark. But now I am always curious how the camera (with or without ND filter) fits inside so perhaps I should buy a clear one [emoji28]

DroneChannel Tim

I'm seriously considering this to avoid using landing pad that much (pain in the *** to set it up every time) and especially to avoid taking off from a palm (I've cut my finger badly once when trying to catch Spark on landing without landing pad). Only concern is, I don't want to add additional weight to the drone, and I'm sure this "landing gear" weights around 20 grams if not more, and that could shorter the flight time, maybe considerably.

I'm seriously considering this to avoid using landing pad that much (pain in the *** to set it up every time) and especially to avoid taking off from a palm (I've cut my finger badly once when trying to catch Spark on landing without landing pad). Only concern is, I don't want to add additional weight to the drone, and I'm sure this "landing gear" weights around 20 grams if not more, and that could shorter the flight time, maybe considerably.
I don't think it was 20grams, maybe with the prop guard but not when they are off. I don't believe the flight time will be reduced by much if any.

Foldable landing gear is great, well done.. I am using fixed landing gear and it works fine.. Still able to stow the Spark in its box,,;) for info I fly off from my Drone carry case,, not too keen on the hand launch!!

Attachments

• Drone Legs.jpg
    Drone Legs.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 30

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme