Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark Modded RC + Titan Switch / Control 5.8ghz ($660 value)

Hey
The range i have been getting is great. In my neighborhood with the stock remote and just parabolic's the max i could get was around 3000 ft. With just the "control" unboosted since this is an atlas setup i can get the same as stock so i was not impressed with that antenna.
Boosted with the 5db omnis at 2.4 ghz I can get past that again my area is heavy wifi so even boosted its tough by me.
Where I work i have and open area where myself and my buddies fly and there with the omni's boosted I have seen over 6600ft. The control panel did not do too well there was getting less than stock. But I do have a 4 hawks so i ended up getting an extra t-lock and cables to make the "atlas" into a switch so i can also run a boosted directional panel (4hawks) and that boosted at can get 6600 plus but I did not push it and turned around. I know I could push it easy to 8 to 10k feet because I had 4 bars out of 5 with no signal drop off.

-So for me in my area the omni antenna whips work better due to trees , houses etc. I think the 9 DB whips they sell if i boosted them would do even better in my area.(I will get those soon and report back)

-Open area while the omni whips did awesome the 4 hawks boosted was better and I know I can go further.

-All my boosted tests were in 2.4ghz because the booster is 2.4ghz not 5.8ghz.

-after doing even more research anyone can build a booster and cheaper than the titan setup . I found a site that sells the same stuff that titan uses. So one of my buddies is going to do that and i am going to build it for him for his Mavic Air. I can also use that same site to make my "atlas" boosted panel to a 5.8ghz if I wanted .
The site is REXUAV | HOME and their prices are pretty good from what I can see.

Let me know if you have any questions you can always PM me too. Next up will be for me NLD software to give the normal speed mode a bit of a boost when cruising with obstacle avoidance off

Reactions: RotorWash and DUAS
Really appreciate this feedback and the time you took to share it!

Will send you a PM once I'm a bit further along with things.

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme