Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark range with controller

Jiri Petr

Join
Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys, just wondering how high will spark go with dji remote controller? I know range is up to 2km but didn't find how high it will go with it. it has 50m with phone

But of course, that's theoretical and judging by many people's experiences so far (mine included), you'll lose the video after 100m - 200m especially if you're in Europe..

But of course, that's theoretical and judging by many people's experiences so far (mine included), you'll lose the video after 100m - 200m especially if you're in Europe..
well 150m sounds good :) better then 50m do u have any pictures from that distance? can u post it?

Have noticed a few people on the dji forum sending their sparks back for refund due to only achieving 100m with the RC..even with the work arounds.mmmm not sure whether to cancel my fly more and wait and see.

Anyone in the UK getting a decent range without dropouts or rth?

Have noticed a few people on the dji forum sending their sparks back for refund due to only achieving 100m with the RC..even with the work arounds.mmmm not sure whether to cancel my fly more and wait and see.

yeah.. reports are coming in range issues with controller.
It seems the phones wifi/signal/bluetooth is blinding the controller's wifi and hence hindering range and fpv.
The fix is to connect the controller like the mavic's controller via a OTG usb cable

yeah.. reports are coming in range issues with controller.
It seems the phones wifi/signal/bluetooth is blinding the controller's wifi and hence hindering range and fpv.
The fix is to connect the controller like the mavic's controller via a OTG usb cable

Well I tried an otg cable last night on a non-cellular tablet, turned wifi off on the tablet and it didn't make a blind bit of difference, 90m out and video started cutting out. So far I have, on the advice of DJI, calibrated the controller, IMU and compass, tried wifi and cable link to the controller and nothing made any difference. I chatted with them again last night and they suggested resetting the Spark wifi (6 seconds, 2 beeps) so I have done that now. I asked if there was an upcoming update which may address this issue but she didn't know of one.

Regrettably I shall be returning mine to DJI if this isn't resolved by Thursday (7 day return).

Hi !
CE Land here, so even much worse then in FCC countries !!!!!

5G sux bad, my SPark always settles to 5G mode (NOT talking about phone <--> Tx WiFi but about Tx <---> SPark COnnection !!!).
In 5G mode with the new Antenna i maxed out at 400m@50m Altitude but that was already having very choppy video and signalloss. Smooth flying until 200m@50m ALtitude.

The one time i managed (however) to have the Spark COnnection stay at 2.4G i was able to go 600m@50m Altitude and i could have gone further but the battery was on 20% ;-)

EVen worse then the bad range on 5G is the fact that a SIGLE tree can lead to signal loss even at 50m distance. Its physics... 2.4G has MUCH more penetration.
When i did this 600m flight i came back and ducked behind a treeline at 150m distance and it was just a bit choppy, i cannot do that with 5G in 20m distance !

So basically i need to knwo how to permanently and releiably switchto 2.4 G mode.

(All distances were with stock Antennae except the first 400/200 numbers but the stock antennae should perform similar i hope, waiting for 2 Alfa APA M25 to see if they make a difference):

Ender

(All distances were with stock Antennae except the first 400/200 numbers but the stock antennae should perform similar i hope, waiting for 2 Alfa APA M25 to see if they make a difference):

How do you fit these then?

How do you fit these then?
I took apart my remote adding SMA Output for the two external Antennae hoping to gain range.
WHich i surely could if only i was able to switch to 2.4G reliably,grrr..

Spark Remote teardown / internals...

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. it drives me mad that no one (or just a few) are interested, obviously many complain about range but the 5.8 vs 2.4 issue is *the* major key to it. OR can anyone else besides us two do a Frequency selection and we are just too dumb ??

I took apart my remote adding SMA Output for the two external Antennae hoping to gain range.
WHich i surely could if only i was able to switch to 2.4G reliably,grrr..

Spark Remote teardown / internals...

Greetings,

Ender

P.S. it drives me mad that no one (or just a few) are interested, obviously many complain about range but the 5.8 vs 2.4 issue is *the* major key to it. OR can anyone else besides us two do a Frequency selection and we are just too dumb ??

I know mate, it's doing my head in.. Part of me hopes that I am being a twat and have done something wrong but I've been building and flying drones for 4 years now so I don't think that I have..

I live in the UK and have flown mine with the controller well over 300 meters with no drop outs? Appears to be working well so far.

I know i'am a little late but mine came yesterday. I life in a CE country. I've got a lot of problems with the controllers range , at 20 meters it begins to say : " not good image transmission, please reposition the antenna's ". At 20m! Then I fly 200@50 meters and the signal is lost. The channel is always 5.8G I tried to have a 2.4G transmission but after doing that I losed the link with the controller. Can someone help me? Is it because i'am in a CE country or because I have 5.8G transmission? And how do I fix it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme