Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI SPARK range

droneflyersg

Join
Oct 24, 2017
How do i maximise the connectivity range? I'm using the controller and its connected via WI-FI. New into the hobby

Here are a few things to try:
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Fly with your mobile device in airplane mode (and then just enable Wi-Fi)
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth/cellular devices near you while flying
  • Fly in locations where there are is no potential Wi-Fi interference (e.g. don't fly in neighborhoods)
  • Make sure there are never any obstacles between the Spark and the remote controller

Also, switching to 2.4Ghz can give you a significant range increase, but it's kinda tedious since you must change it to 2.4Ghz and reconnect to your controller every time you pull a battery from the Spark.

Here are a few things to try:
  • Make sure the remote controller antennas are positioned like this
  • Fly with your mobile device in airplane mode (and then just enable Wi-Fi)
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth/cellular devices near you while flying
  • Fly in locations where there are is no potential Wi-Fi interference (e.g. don't fly in neighborhoods)
  • Make sure there are never any obstacles between the Spark and the remote controller
How about otg cable?

How about otg cable?

Depends what mobile device you're using.
I haven't seen any difference with my ipad but range is good with this anyway.
However otg makes a big difference with my android phone, much better range and more reliable connection although still not as good as the ipad.

Depends what mobile device you're using.
I haven't seen any difference with my ipad but range is good with this anyway.
However otg makes a big difference with my android phone, much better range and more reliable connection although still not as good as the ipad.
How do i connect otg

How do i maximise the connectivity range? I'm using the controller and its connected via WI-FI. New into the hobby
Buy an OTG cable they make for iOS and Android. Amazon sells them for about $9. Also pick up range extenders from Amazon for about the same. They almost double your range from 1.2 miles to over 2 miles.

I have done a test recently with these range extenders,
I am in Europe so our range is very limited here anyway...
on 5.8ghz no range extenders......1000 feet. to disconnection.
on 5.8ghz range extenders on......1300 feet. to disconnect.
so for close in stuff i keep them off,
for longer range i put em on..it helps a bit.
here in Europe its all short range stuff with these models now..still good fun tho.

Reactions: Nubianbynature
I also have a mavic pro , but the spark is the newer model, so it gets used the most at the moment,
mavic does everything well, including range, but i sort of like trying to improve the spark..if thats possible.
basically ..love em both.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
I also have a mavic pro , but the spark is the newer model, so it gets used the most at the moment,
mavic does everything well, including range, but i sort of like trying to improve the spark..if thats possible.
basically ..love em both.
Mavic is a great drone. I'm thinking on buying it once price goes down.spark is great all round too

Nah...OTG cable and/or range extenders are worthless. Mine works fine on WiFi alone and I've seen over 10,000' range in ideal conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast