Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Spark RC Controller Cannot Link to DJI GO 4 App on Samsung Note 8

Harold

Join
Aug 17, 2017
Hi everyone out there,

I am at my wits end......

Until recently I was happily flying my Spark using the RC Controller driving from my Samsung Note 8 using DJI Go 4 App. Just about 2 weeks back all that disappeared.

I now can link the RC Controller to the Spark, and fly it visual, ie I can use the RC to fly the Spark WITHOUT using the DJI Go 4 App.

However, when i launch the DJI Go 4 App on my Samsung Note 8, it tells me to Search Device and then it hangs there at the QR Scanner when it asks me to manually scan for my RC Controller. The strange thing is that my RC Controller is ALREADY visible on my Wifi connections list. It just doesn't allow me to enter the Visual Display screen where I can use the App to fly my Spark.

I am getting very exasperated and to add insult to injury I have just ordered a DJI Mavic Air.....

Someone please help me.

Many Thanks in advance
harold

Hi everyone out there,

Until recently I was happily flying my Spark using the RC Controller driving from my Samsung Note 8 using DJI Go 4 App. Just about 2 weeks back all that disappeared.

I now can link the RC Controller to the Spark, and fly it visual, ie I can use the RC to fly the Spark WITHOUT using the DJI Go 4 App.

However, when i launch the DJI Go 4 App on my Samsung Note 8, it tells me to Search Device and then it hangs there at the QR Scanner when it asks me to manually scan for my RC Controller. The strange thing is that my RC Controller is ALREADY visible on my Wifi connections list. It just doesn't allow me to enter the Visual Display screen where I can use the App to fly my Spark.

I am getting very exasperated and to add insult to injury I have just ordered a DJI Mavic Air.....

Someone please help me.

Many Thanks in advance
harold

When you tap the Spark RC WiFi signal on your device, does it ask for a password?

Unfortunately NO......when I try to manually enter the Spark RC controller wifi, it just disappears....

Did you ever fly the Spark with just the Samsung Note, without the RC?

Something to try: Try going into your WiFi Settings > (Details if swiped from top) > Advanced > Manage Networks. There (with Spark and RC off) find and remove both the RC and the Spark WiFi networks. Turn RC controller back on and wait for its network to name to show up. Rejoin it via the password (not the QR Code). See if that helps.

Hi A
Something to try: Try going into your WiFi Settings > (Details if swiped from top) > Advanced > Manage Networks. There (with Spark and RC off) find and remove both the RC and the Spark WiFi networks. Turn RC controller back on and wait for its network to name to show up. Rejoin it via the password (not the QR Code). See if that helps.
ForceOne, I tried as per your suggestion but still NO go :( In any case, i connected the RC Controller to my Samsung Note 8 using the MicroUSB to MicroUSB Hardwire connection and it works. I guess I'll just fly it using this set up. Thanks so much for your patience and suggestion :) :) :) much appreciated

Hi A

ForceOne, I tried as per your suggestion but still NO go :( In any case, i connected the RC Controller to my Samsung Note 8 using the MicroUSB to MicroUSB Hardwire connection and it works. I guess I'll just fly it using this set up. Thanks so much for your patience and suggestion :) :) :) much appreciated

I would love to have my controller hooked to my Samsung galaxy 5 via Micro USB. I tried again after reading your post and cannot get it to hook up via Micro USB - only through WiFi. What software version are you running? Everyone says that 4.2.8 will not hook up via micro usb cable on any android devices.

Are you sure the ott cable is Ok? Many of these cables don't work. I have bought a few off Ebay and it was a waste of time.
I don't think there's any advantage using a USB cable. I've tested it and not seen a difference.

Hi everyone out there,

Someone please help me.

Many Thanks in advance
harold
Don't use the QR code to connect your phone, just do the normal hotspot connection.
The QR codes only work properly iOS

Hello, I am in the "spark" business since 3 days and I am owing a Pixel XL. So let me share my experiences here.

I have to disable my 4G connection, otherwise the app does not recognize the conection, even when I am connected to the RC via Wifi.
Then I did step into the 2,4Ghz trap, meaning I changed the Wifi to 2,4GHZ and my phone did not see anymore the RC.

After resetting the Wifi settings with 6sec. push and hold the power button, I could connect back to my RC.

So I would advise you to reset your Wifi settings and disable mobile connection and see what you get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502